Himalayan Tour-Mussorie to Leh (Ladakh)

Bruski

R.I.P. 2020/10/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300A
OK, I'm sitting here in Minnesota with a ticket to Delhi, a valid 6 month Visa, an International Drivers Permit, payment to Tashi and a mood that runs from acceptance to disappointment to anger to envy. I so wanted to be there with you guys but timing is everything and my recovery just took a couple of weeks too long to make the trip prudent for me. The good news is that I'm back to normal, if a little lighter. From your pictures and commentary it appears to be the adventure we thought it would be. Enjoy yourselves and be safe.

OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
It's late and I need to catch up on some sleep. Let me just say we are having an awesome time riding some great roads. The guys have picked up the art of filtering Indian style real well. On Zojilla we took filtering to a whole new level and made it around that massive traffic jam with some crazy hard work and style. I have a great video I hope to post on You tube tomorrow... here are a few pics from the past couple days.

Attachments

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Great pics. Wish I was there with you guys.

George, nice tan........and where did you get the monkey? :D
Mike

Bike
Had 95 11 & 06 13
Enjoying the pics and posts, guys!! Keep em coming when you can. We're all eager to see more!!
Wasn't near that much traffic on that road, what, 35 years ago!! Scenery hasn't changed, tho! Fabulous.
Hoping that they'll be able to open the Leh-Manali road for you!
Gord

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Back !

Nubra Valley
uploadfromtaptalk1402173181896.jpg

Khardungla Pass 18,380'
uploadfromtaptalk1402173362285.jpg

GS3&TT2

Last edited by a moderator:

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Yes but it's good when you start from 12,000' & you are good and aclimatized to the heights. The road is very rough 20 kms either side of the pass. Water, mud, dust, very uneven and of course, no guide rail.
uploadfromtaptalk1402194597599.jpg

GS3&TT2

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
It's been a while since I posted. Thanks to Danny for posting up some pics and keeping the interest going on thread. We have rode over the world's highest motorable road/pass, Khardung La and spent the afternoon and following morning in the Nubra Valley. The scenery is just unbelievable! So far we have rode over a 13,500 ft. pass Fatu La. Here's a few pics from the past few days.

Attachments

OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Yesterday we went to Pangong So (Lake). Another day of stunning scenery! The road took us over the third highest motorable pass, Chang La @ 17,300 ft. When we arrived at the lake Danny wasn't feeling so good so I struck while the iron was hot and found a couple babes for the photo shot!

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Hi, all. This just to let ya know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. No ability to upload pics so relying on Fali to keep ya up to date. :)

Bike
Had 95 11 & 06 13
Thanks for the posts, guys - text and pics!! What an adventure you're having, and it's great to follow you this way!
Any word on the Leh - Manali road status yet?
So glad to hear that none of you have really had serious issues with the altitude!
Fali, you sitting in the barber's chair - I did a double take - you look just like your dad there!! He was a fun guy!
Blessings as you continue on...
Gord

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
What an adventure you're having, and it's great to follow you this way!
So glad to hear that none of you have really had serious issues with the altitude!
Gord
Thanks for good wishes for our trip, Gord.
The road from Leh to Manali is open currently but needs to be monitored closely as the conditions and status could change quickly.

Other than some of us experiencing a bit of out-of-breathless no one had altitude sickness yet. We go to 17,500' tomorrow as we work our way to Manali but we should take that one easily because we are even more aclimatize and it's about 900' lower than Khardung La.

uploadfromtaptalk1402430358125.jpg

GS3&TT2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Thanks for the posts, guys - text and pics!! What an adventure you're having, and it's great to follow you this way!
Fali, you sitting in the barber's chair - I did a double take - you look just like your dad there!! He was a fun guy!
Gord
We are leaving in the AM for Manali via Sarchu and Jispa.The road is open; the Baralach La Pass might be a challenge but Rohtang La and the rest of the rd. has been reported to be pretty good. We'll let you know how it is when we get to Manali.

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
Thanks for the pics, Fali. I know you guys are having a blast. I bet Danny will post a picture with those two ladies flanking him.....even if he has to photo-shop his face onto your pic!

John

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Thanks for all the pics and reports. Just got back from Europe and was able to catch up on the trip. Looks like all are having a great time!

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow it looks like this trip is going well and you are traveling some very interesting country, stay safe.

Bike
2005 Concours
Thanks to all you guys for keeping us all updated. Your pics are outstanding. Expecially the two babes...WOW!!

Looks like you're having the trip of a lifetime. Keep the pics coming...Please.

Be safe....don't look down.

Bike
2003 ST1300
Great mountains, great rhodes, beautiful women....... what more could a tourist need......ah yes.......great food ! How about a report on (and a pic or two) of some lamb vindaloo?? or such??
Cheers, ride safe, I know you're having fun.
OG

Top Bottom