Micro-Airstream

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
With easy access to the nice superthin plywood, I would think you would want to finish in the classic airstream wood interior.
Get some 3mm baltic birch.

It is a good looking trailer... er... work of art. :)

OP
OP
PanEuropean

PanEuropean

Micro Airstream Builder
Bike
2001 GL 1800
STOC #
Today I hooked it to my bike and made a one hour test ride over narrow mountain streets, high speed autobahn with strong winds and passing trucks.

The trailer follows very fine, I reduced trailer tire pressure a bit to reduce the clonks when I pass a bridge.

Tested up to 130 km/h and felt only a small swinging when reducing speed from 130 !
Perfect between 80 and 100 km/h.

Trailer weight is now 128 kg (282 lb) and five more kg adding the spare wheel.

Back at home I separated the sleeping box from the base camp to install the final connections between both parts in the evening.

Weight of the cabin is exact 50 kg (110 lb) !

And no, I do not work on aircraft - sit all the day on my butt and work as system administrator - a typical nerd ;)

Tom

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
And no, I do not work on aircraft - sit all the day on my butt and work as system administrator - a typical nerd

Tom
Mellow,,,you qualify! When are you going to build one too?;)

:bow1::bow1::bow1: Tom, that is absolutely beautiful. I will not hound you to finish the inside,,why add the weight? My 2cents worth.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Looks like you have a bunch of bare space for stickers! Judging by the looks of your top case you collect lots of them. :D

That's beautiful work. I'm pretty sure you could give up your desk job and start a manufacturing company.
Mike

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
It's great to see it hooked to the bike and out on the road. Great project! Awesome job! I hope you enjoy it now that all the hard work is done.

Byron

STOC #
With the trailer hooked to the bike, have you gotten inside toward the rear to see if it will lift the bike off the rear wheel? That could be a really bad things. :(

very nice trailer.
if you need to do some wind testing.
use dabs of grease. old school technology.
ouch at the thought of putting grease on that beautifully done trailer.

Top Bottom