2006-07-24 David Kruger (jackpine savage)

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Re: David Kruger (jackpine savage) 7/24/2006

I never met or corresponded with Dave, but he was a fellow ST'er, a fellow biker, a fellow human being, and loss of such is great. I have a deep sadness today. I will do my usual ride up and down the coast this evening. I will stop at the Viewpoint overlooking the Pacific ocean and I'll think of Dave and all other souls riding behind those waves, clouds and setting Sun. My prayers...

I met Dave at Moonshine....He was one of those guys who always had a smile on his face, and quick to extend a handshake. He was sooo enthusiastic and as the small group in ACL's garage introduced themselves, Dave remembered something about everybody just from these posts. He was very unassuming, and had to be pressed into talking about himself. He worked up at the famous Mayo Clinic as some kind of researcher (crap, he probably remembered what I do). Looking at Dave, you would see a medium height, stocky guy, with light hair and rugged features from lots of time spent outdoors. You would have liked him.

jacketsfan

Counting Breaths
Re: Very Bad News Today

BigTom said:
Dang. I hate to hear that...My prayers, too.

I am starting to get a really strong dislike for those Bambi types.
Few, if any, natural predators to speak of. Kept around to make people feel better. Contribute very little to the ecosystem that anyone's been able to explain to me convincingly. Millions of dollars in property damage and in deaths and injuries every year. Eradication or close to it is the only answer I keep coming up with.

Second deer death I've personally read about this year. One of them was a prominent MSF/media guy who wrote a lot about safety. His wife said he would often say it would be a deer that got him. If he could predict it, that says a lot to me. The threat these things pose to anyone using the roads needs to be taken more seriously than it is today.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #

It's always sad to lose someone from the riding community, especially someone who has made a lot of contributions. His family and friends are in our prayers.

John

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
I didn't get a chance to know Dave and did go back and read some of the postings and wish I had. Those that knew him will cheerish those memories while being with him and those of us who did not get that chance will miss the opportunity.
May God Bless David.......................Ed

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour

There's a little less of us. My condolances to his family.

Bike
2002 Gold Wing
STOC #
Joe, Thanks for your work. I only knew David from his posts, but I am very sad for him and his family. There are days such as this that I wonder if the price is worth our incredible hobby.

CruisingDog

CRZNDOG
Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Terrible news. I hate to hear about any accidents let alone deaths. My condolances and sympathies to his loved ones and dear friends.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #

My heart goes out to his family; what a tragic and senseless death.

Deer... I live in the Texas Hill Country, World HQ of Stupid Deer Country. As I write I can see the bird feeders - two deer, a skunk, and the cat looking at the parade. Jeez.

On my usual contrarian note, did anybody see this sentence in the obit posted by STnAV8R as somewhat odd?

>snip
"He was affiliated as an Associate Professor and MRI Scientist with the Mayo Clinic and Medical School in Rochester, Minn. and was awarded several research patents. Prior to his employment at the Mayo Clinic, he owned and operated a successful bakery and candy store in Minoqua. "
>endsnip<

A PhD in medical physics, research patents... and he runs a candy store and bakery?

Odd.

Joseph

ChipSTer

Growing old, but not up!
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #

When will it stop... Good Lord it has to stop! It is getting harder and harder to 'keep a stiff upper lip'. I have not had a personal loss, but each one that I hear about takes a little longer and is a little harder to get over. I haven't kept a count (and I don't want to know) of how many we've lost (or another motorcycle forum has lost), but I'm rapidly approaching my emotional limit. Lord protect us; each and every one! God speed, Dave... I never met you in person, but I know you... and you will be missed :(
:(

I'm also glad I got to meet him Terry. I can remember him standing around your bike While I was helping Curt put your Cruise on and Putt saying that we didn't think he existed until we met him.

OP
OP
Booger Man

Joseph said:
My heart goes out to his family; what a tragic and senseless death.

Deer... I live in the Texas Hill Country, World HQ of Stupid Deer Country. As I write I can see the bird feeders - two deer, a skunk, and the cat looking at the parade. Jeez.

On my usual contrarian note, did anybody see this sentence in the obit posted by STnAV8R as somewhat odd?

>snip
"He was affiliated as an Associate Professor and MRI Scientist with the Mayo Clinic and Medical School in Rochester, Minn. and was awarded several research patents. Prior to his employment at the Mayo Clinic, he owned and operated a successful bakery and candy store in Minoqua. "
>endsnip<

A PhD in medical physics, research patents... and he runs a candy store and bakery?

Odd.

Joseph
He had ran a candy store & bakery before he got his PhD.He was a guy of many talents.

Littlejohn64

3 Wheel ST'r
Bike
CanAm Spyder

As Joe said, its hard to respond to these posts. Prayers for his family will be said.

NCrider

Andrew Seawell
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #

No idea what to say....

Enjoyed reading his posts, it's like meeting and making friends here reading others thoughts/feelings.

May God bless his family and us all in this time of loss.

STOC #

Terrible news....

Between work, family, remote location & other commitments, I've not met any of our ST-Owners members in person, but I feel I know many through this forum. I'm going to work on my schedule so I can make a RTE or STOC event to get to know our ST family personally.

Prayers for Dave & Family

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #

It's not fair, it's just plain not fair.

Fair winds and following seas Dave.

Top Bottom