2006-07-24 David Kruger (jackpine savage)

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I met Dave a few times and conversed online with him some. Being a fellow Wisconsinite I will miss seeing him at the RTE's and just in general. This is the second friend I have lost in a week and I'm going to need a while to decompress from this. It is a fact that we all must live with if we ride and have friends that ride.

My condolences to his family and friends. He was an honest, funny, and kind man. I will miss him greatly.

Curt

Bike
ST1300 SOLD
STOC #
All I feel right now is sadness, I wish I had met Dave. His posts were wonderful, and from them I picture a man who loved life, loved his ST. I have riden 63 many times this summer, and the next time I ride it will be to honor and remember him.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Very Bad News Today

STeve1300 said:
Joe, maybe you could link back to all these posts, or just copy this thread into the Memorial Section. There are many more warm wishes, prayers, and testimonials here than there. Thank You.
Good idea Steve, I merged them all.

nyener

Terry Nyenhuis
Bike
2004 Honda ST1300A
STOC #
I'm very sorry that David's family has lost him. They are in my prayers'

David & I met at Moonshine. We corresponded frequently before our meeting. In fact we were going to ride there together but couldn't mesh our timetables.

I wish that I could have spent more time with David because I know that we were going to be great friends. He was just one of those kind of guys. I will miss him.

I've attached a picture of DannyK, Tom Bognar, & Jackpine Savage at Moonshine in 2006.

Attachments

OP
OP
Booger Man
nyener said:
I'm very sorry that David's family has lost him. They are in my prayers'

David & I met at Moonshine. We corresponded frequently before our meeting. In fact we were going to ride there together but couldn't mesh our timetables.

I wish that I could have spent more time with David because I know that we were going to be great friends. He was just one of those kind of guys. I will miss him.

I've attached a picture of DannyK, Tom Bognar, & Jackpine Savage at Moonshine in 2006.
Thanks NYENER

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
After a few days to ponder this the only comfort I get from the situation is that he passed away doing one of the things he loved !! I have spent 15 years working in the nursing home industry and there are much worse things that could have happened to a young 50 year old and his family. This makes me very aware of my own mortality and the need to say and do the things I keep putting off. Any time a friend is lost it is a time to reflect on one's own life. I didn't have the pleasure to meet David but he is still having a positive affect on people !! What else could any of us want.

STOC #
David has helped remind us all that we must value all the joys that friends, family, new adventures and even the every day simple things we encounter in life bring to us.

Deepest sympathy to David's family and close friends.

STOC #
I recall reading about this accident in the Minneapolis paper. Having failed in searching more information about it I just assumed it was another helmetless cruiser rider. Little did I know it was a fellow ST rider who is on this board. I grew up not too far from the accident scene and ride the SE MN and SW Wis area alot. We usually end our rides with an ice cream at the Nelson Creamery. So I automatically feel a kinship to David despite having never met him (although I would bet we crossed paths somewhere out in the Wisconsin twisties). I wish David's family my condolences and extend any offer to help out with anything if needed.

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Man,,, I feel like a dork...

::::short throw from the outfield for austin/terry:::::

I just questioned why I have not gotten the Tree Stickers Tom sent and,,, TLC looked at me,,, took 2 steps,,, took a Rider Magazine off the package and said,,,
"You mean,,, This Package Columbo???
I guess I got it last week or the first of this week!!!

I leave for Green bay tomorrow and won't really be back till Monday so,,, Tuesday,,, i will try to start getting them out to people...

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
I just found out another person I know,,, and who had also become friends with a fellow "Moonshiner" down in Texas died...

Dave Handley grew up in the Casey area,,, and "Runner/Barb" from the MTF site had started a friendship and she discovered that Dave was from Casey!!! She told him about being in Casey and the Moonshine Run and they had a great laugh over that!!!

Barb just let me know about Handleys death and thoughts of Dave came streaming back to me as the news hit Barb,,, just like I was hit last year when I found out about Jackpine Savage/David...

This is my Vent/Post over on the MTF site...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/mctourer/messages/?msg=27315.1

I still think of Jackpine often and miss him... :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Lord!!!

I had just Sunday asked some Handleys if they were related to Dave and they were... They told me about him and the relation swears I had talked to him as he was the same age as my sisters,,, and the relation had even hinted had a crush on my 1 sister... They were even going to bring me a picture of him so as to "Clear the Fog" and see if I remembered him...

We stood and talked about him the same,,, day,,, he died... 8^(

I am very saddened by this and it seems in the last couple of years I have known many friends/riders that are no longer of this earth... I started to write down the list of people but,,, I am not sure I have it in me right now to type out the names of people I was friends with,,, knew,,, admired... The thing is,,, this MTF community knows the names,,, and carries the memory along with me on most of the names on the list I have...

:::::sigh:::::

I am very sorry this hit you like this Barb... I know last year I was to meet "Jackpine Savage/Dave Kruger in Galena at a RTE as I was leaving for the West Coast and he had just returned from the West Coast... We had talked about maps and roads to hit and he and I were very excited to meet up in Galena... I knew him from Moonshine and the ST-Owners.com site... When he didn't show I was VERY,,, disappointed but did not think all to much about it as the temp had drove a few away when it was almost 100 degrees that day...

I left for the West Coast without Daves maps he so much wanted to give me,,, and me without knowing he was killed days before...

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16317

Days later I stood on the stone wall at Sunrise on the summitt at Glacier in the parking lot alone looking out at that beautiful valley in front of me as the sun rose... I had a prayer for all the riders/friends who had passed on,,, and I verbaly said,,, "They Now Ride With Me"... It was a magical morning at Glacier alone,,, as the sun rose and I proclaimed to absolutely no one in the parking lot but still I said it loudly,,,
"This Will,,, Be The Best Day Of My Life"!!!
Less than 4 hours later I laid unconscious as the convertible backed out in front of me and I had hit pea gravel and flipped my bike outside Eureka Montana... 8^(

We really can not figure out why,,, things happen,,, and why they happen when they do... The only thing I know is,,, to chesish the days you have,,, even if it is only 1 day... And you know,,, maybe that day outside Eureka was the best I could have had...

Live Every Moment,,, Love Every Day Because,,, Before You Know it,,, Your Precious Time Slips away...

I now know I have to go back to Glacier,,, again,,, and stand on that exact spot on the wall,,, and add 2 more "Daves" to my list,,, and also add 2 more that now,,, ride with me...

Sorry to vent but,,, I needed too...

Terry "They will ride with me" Hammond

Last edited:

Diesel Dave

HOPS!
Bike
04 Candy ST1300
Just adding another hemisphere to the list of well wishers to the family at their loss.

Make every milepost a winner folks, and make sure you realise what risks this ST family share.

Goodonya Dave for livin' the dream. See what this group of mates has written about you and be proud. You're obviously sorely missed by everyone here. Hope I can be remembered with even half the reverence you stir up among people.

Well done st-owners. Ride proud. You are all revered and respected here. Ride proud.

Regards, Dave

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
I was just yesterday thinking of Jack Pine... Coop told me he had attended a funeral of a friend,,, and it got my mind thinking of friends for myself...

Thanks for reminding us all to remember Dave/Jack Pine and all the others too...

Schmoop,,, Did you happen to know Davo??? Many over here on this side of the pond sure miss him... He was suppose to attend the Moonshine Run this year or next... Knew him for years over on the COG site... :(

Diesel Dave

HOPS!
Bike
04 Candy ST1300
No Terry, not in person. But in here, people share some of their most memorable moments, and when you read about their life and times through their threads, you get to identify with each and everyone's experience to the point where you "wished" you went on that Colorado or Alberta or Route 66 ride with them. I spent hours reading Uncle Phil's West Tour '09 and thoroughly enjoyed the pictorial enough to write and congratulate him on such a presentation. Dave is the same. Who wouldn't have wanted to share his gags, experiences and good times. What a character!

Lest we forget.

Regards,
Dave

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
The Davo I speak of was from Australia... Legendary LD Rider and friend to all he ever met... He died running the last day of the Iron Butt Rally here in the States...

Sorry to confuse you... David and Davo were both people we lost far to young with many things we all could have learned from...

Here is a little history on Davo...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.davojones.com/images/davo0807.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.davojones.com/aboutme.htm&h=320&w=213&sz=19&tbnid=7vk7e2xAWcXhBM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=79&prev=/images?q=davo&hl=en&usg=__dTGWujBcLJWMsEf9TL7e2ck3P-s=&ei=ND2aS-aoCJPIMrD10MoC&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=17&ct=image&ved=0CEAQ9QEwEA

Diesel Dave

HOPS!
Bike
04 Candy ST1300
Oops. sorry. No again, but it sounds like most of the comments could pertain to either of these fine stalwarts Terry. All that is needed is to raise your glass quietly (or loudly) and drink a "cheers" to Davo at the next Moonshine Run. This is akin to a 21 gun salute to yet another fine man who we would agree would be much better off here than not.

Regards, Dave (the Third)

STOC #
I thought it worthwhile to mention that a roadside memorial where David met his fate are still intact (a cross strapped to a stop sign base.) I never met Jackpine but I do know this intersection well and think of him (and all the ST brethren) every time I go through the intersection.

Top Bottom