2010 Honda NT700V

It looks like it might be a good solo bike for my wife. The price seems a bit steep to me though.

What gets me is why the Japanese, of all people, can't build a shorter, non cruiser, type bike! It is a ways off yet but I would like my gf to get her own. So far the only thing she will consider is a low to the ground cruiser! If that happens the only loud pipes I'll hear are hers "Slow down I can't keep up!!!"

:06biker:

I remember this, sort of. It was up to Honda to save Isuzu. The Rodeo was a disaster, lots of problems and lots of vehicles sitting. IIRC they were told to do it. I think it was more involved then Honda wanting an SUV but I don't remember the details.

Rodeo or Trooper?

Sorry about the theft.

It was the Rodeo which was made in Lafayette, IN. I think Isuzu still makes the trooper out of Japan but they don't sell anything in US anymore. They abandoned the US market last year.

What gets me is why the Japanese, of all people, can't build a shorter, non cruiser, type bike! It is a ways off yet but I would like my gf to get her own. So far the only thing she will consider is a low to the ground cruiser! If that happens the only loud pipes I'll hear are hers "Slow down I can't keep up!!!"

:06biker:

They do make them, quite a few. They simply don't import them into the US.

I am afraid that this is the death knell for the ST if the VFR gets bags and shaft drive.
This is something that really hasn't been mentioned much. With the new V4, and what looks to be a convergence between the VFR and the ST, there'll be a huge hole in Honda's lineup with the retirement of the VFR800. That's part of the reason for bringing the NT over.

Basically, the NT700 replaces the VFR800 in the lineup, and the Vxx1200 replaces the ST1300. Given the way the Honda folks are talking about the design brief for the new bike on the V4 website, it really does sound like it's a "step up" from the VFR800.

so what do you guys think of the NT700?

I kinda like it

2_433_HONDA_NT700VA_DEAUVILLE.jpg

Re: so what do you guys think of the NT700?

Not bad for a 12 year old motorcycle design with a 25 year old engine design.

Back half is PC800 , front half is Trans-alp, And its too damn girlie, Why can't Honda make aggressive looking bikes,,
Something cool and really functional.

Vern

yeah, it reminds me of the CX Silverwing and it's relationship to the Goldwing. I had a CX500C, and I don't see how that poor little bike carried all that Silverwing stuff.

It might be ok as a commuter, but it doesn't look like it'd be very comfortable for any long rides, or 2-up.

Should'a put the DN01 tranny in it as an option and ash-canned the rest of the DN01.

My opinion

I don't know the specs on it, but it looks like a nice, light bike. I see where it is very popular in the UK.

You mean they finally brought the Deauville over to the States? S'about time. Let me guess--only available here in one color per model year. Probably can't buy the top box direct, either. But still, for those who find the ST1300 to be a bit, ahem, overweight AND who feel they don't need all that power, maybe. I wouldn't mind test riding it for a couple of weeks.
--MGD

For me (on my budget) it comes down to money.

The Deauville is close to $11k. You could buy a brand new carry over 2007 ST1300 for that.

I think the Deauville would make a great commuter bike but not a serious Sport Tourer. Not saying you couldn't tour on one. I knew a guy who rode a Hondamatic 450 from South Dakota to Oregon several times back in the 80's.

Every time I hear "Deauville", I think D'oh-ville (think Homer Simpson).

*Yawn* Just another bland, inoffensive bike from the home of Bold New Graphics.

I can remember a time when Honda's slogan was "Performance First". Seems like it wasn't that long ago...

As to "small" engine size, how many remember when a Triumph or BSA 650 was a "big" bike? I toured my CB-350 and CB-500-4 back in the day. The 500 was fully capable for two-up, with a large aftermarket fairing and soft bags. Not as handling capable as the ST but 200 pounds lighter. The NT700 will prolly make a very capable one-up tourer and it'll handle too. The PC-800 was very capable but never got it's just rewards because of newer style (i.e. weird!) body work and a reputation for being a "girly" bike. The Deauville will prolly end up in the same place, but it'll still sell better than the DN-01.

My opinion,

Back
Top Bottom