2021 F 850 GSA

TPadden

Tom Padden
If you go the BMW route, a must-have is the GS911 so you can reset the maintenance minders.

I never have been able to understand why the same individual who can travel for hours with a turn signal flashing and beeping can't just ignore an unobtrusive little wrench icon that doesn't even blink or beep. Must reset, must reset, must reset, can't eat, sleep, or ride... MUST RESET; whatever the cost! :rofl1:

Yes, the GS911 is great to have to diagnose problems but the little wrench does not indicate there is any problem with the bike. ;)

Tom

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
the 650xt is lighter is my main reason
Wikipedia gives the wet weights as DL650 - 490#; DL1000 - 520#. That's a diff of only 30 lbs, and most would be in the motor, i.e. close to the CoG and not up high in the fuel tank.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
You mean similar to these possibilities
Or this reality:

As cruisers go and not being a cruiser guy I really like this. I would like to see Honda make a more-UJM as well. And I wouldn't kick it out of the garage if it had a shaft drive and DCT.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Can we just stay away from CB*****X moniker?
That should be reserved for the much-revered, gone-too-soon CBR1100XX.
I was about to say, "May they rest in peace", but there are still plenty of restless ones out there, and they were never meant to rest.
There will be another in my garage, before my riding days are through, and it's really my only "wish I had never..." bike.
Wish I had never sold the Blackbird. But I ain't done yet.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Can we just stay away from CB*****X moniker?
That should be reserved for the much-revered, gone-too-soon CBR1100XX.
I was about to say, "May they rest in peace", but there are still plenty of restless ones out there, and they were never meant to rest.
There will be another in my garage, before my riding days are through, and it's really my only "wish I had never..." bike.
Wish I had never sold the Blackbird. But I ain't done yet.
I can safely say that my 1100XX will be part of my estate. I don't ride it as much as I should but every time I do, it never fails to put a smile on my face.
It has been a godsend during the Covid restrictions. Great way to clear the mind.
5c9bbbf5-d3f3-418f-9d65-8a969a30ab8e.jpg

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I can safely say that my 1100XX will be part of my estate. I don't ride it as much as I should but every time I do, it never fails to put a smile on my face.
Sweet!
I still think they look great as delivered; never saw the need for aftermarket pipes, or those fender eliminators or flush-mount rear turn signals.
The stock pipes are integrated nicely (just like the ST1300s), and I appreciate your stock look.
Thanks for the nostalgia.
EDIT: I fully recognize we've come a long way from the original 850 GSA topic, but that was nearly 3 months ago, and humans have on average an 8-second attention span, so there's that.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
The tag on my XX read, "WYGOSLO".
And I had an opportunity to explain "it was a JOKE, yer Honor" to the judge in traffic court one day.
Small podunk backwater Alabama municipality; judge was mightily offended that I had the audacity to contest my speeding ticket in his little speed-trap of a town.

Top Bottom