Add a TPMS to my ST

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
I use the 90* metal valve stems with Garmin TMPS sensors on them and use Dyna-Beads for balancing. I will be using T valves with TireGuard TMPS sensors on my ST1300. I will be using Dyna-Beads for balance on it as well.... Never had a problem with the shrader valves other than getting a dyna-bead stuck in it when airing up the tire. Air pressure blows it out and all is well again....

I use the 90* metal valve stems with Garmin TMPS sensors on them and use Dyna-Beads for balancing. I will be using T valves with TireGuard TMPS sensors on my ST1300. I will be using Dyna-Beads for balance on it as well.... Never had a problem with the shrader valves other than getting a dyna-bead stuck in it when airing up the tire. Air pressure blows it out and all is well again....
Thanks for the feedback. Do you have a reference/post for the TPMS Garmin system? So, if one has the dyna beads or any other self balancing product in the tires, it will compensate for the added "small" weight of the valve caps or T valve? I'm thinking others who are not running dyna beads or something similar may have to do a balancing.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
The comments about loss of integrity of the Schrader valve/valve core are good. The T valve is good as an extension of the valve stem.
My main concern is the balance of the tire. There was a comment that by just putting the valve caps with the sensors didn't require tire balancing. Any validation?
Welcome aboard roondog. Enjoy your ride here.

Top Bottom