add one trailer to the STable

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Dan is prolly in bed so I will be his rep. I got he other one from the pair he bought and we did the same thing although we went slightly different routes to get there. The splines wound be a job to redo so the easiest is to cut the bar and weld in an extension. We both went with +8".
He is coming along well with his build so I hope we will be seeing some pics soon.
Mark

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
No it's a torsion setup and the rocket will just push it out of the way

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Dan, mine is 25 1/4" wide at the front and rear corners of the aluminum pan and 62" from the hub center to the universal joint pin. The rear edge of the pan ends about 2" forward of the leading edge of the tire. The rear corners of the pan are the lowest points, and I can scrape them under spirited riding even with the edges turned up 45?.

I haven't started repairs yet, need to modify the fender and cargo box again to make it easier to remove the wheel when needed.

Keep us posted on yur build.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I am making good progress with mine. I think I will be giving it a test on the way to Casey.

Doh! I see for the first time that I missed the fact that the center line of the wheel is NOT the center line of the torsion plate hole pattern. It is off center by about an inch. I will have to correct that when I make the spacer block for between the torsion unit and the larger black plate.

Attachments

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Well,,,since everything else came from work,,those are water fittings for molds. I drilled them out to a larger I.D. and they are just for wires to go in and out of. I thought that by using them it would be easier to squirt some silicone in there to seal up the spine. I even have an o-ring between the black and white part ;>)
I also made a 1" thick aluminum spacer plate to allow the swing arm to rotate without contacting the black, main plate. The torsion plate now mounts to it and is in line with the back bone of the trailer.
Now I just need to line up a box, mount my fender, mount my lights, wire it, mount my u-joint to the hitch and trailer, and get it licensed.
Ten days including one week end. I think I can pull it off.
The bike is back together and all is good if I don't think about the fact that my HIDs want to blink on and off when the engine is running. Yet they don't when the lights are on W/O the engine running. Any thoughts? I did try both bulb plugs to fire the HIDs, same result.
Oh, and this is the lows only. If I switch to high beam, they stay on steady.

Who knows what's up wi dat??

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
The bike is back together and all is good if I don't think about the fact that my HIDs want to blink on and off when the engine is running. Yet they don't when the lights are on W/O the engine running. Any thoughts? I did try both bulb plugs to fire the HIDs, same result.
Oh, and this is the lows only. If I switch to high beam, they stay on steady.

Who knows what's up wi dat??
Mark, start up another thread about this. You'll get more responses and you won't hijack this thread.

As long as were here... How fast does it blink off and on? Both lights or one? Can you hear anything strange while its doing this? What brand of lights did you use? Does switching the bulbs or ballast around help?

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Good point about the hijack Scott, I was just going to post the question in another thread and saw you had responded.
VVME 35 watt, no noise both sides, real quickly on and off. They do not go dark but look like they are almost modulated.
See you on the new thread. ;>)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That's pretty snazzy... rocket launcher and all...

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Ok I have most of the work done and it's time for a laugh. See you all at Moonshine Lord willing.
I like it! But, according to the picture you've made a grave error; the box is on upside-down! :D

Load up the rocket launcher and let's RIDE!

I'm debating on whether or not to bring my trailer this year. I'm not hauling T-Shirts so I don't really need it. Maybe I should bring it and we can have an exclusive home-built trailer club....

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
No fender?

See ya there. Looks like I won't have mine with, STick is gonna get the duty unless the idler pulley shows up QUICK!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Well, mine made it's maiden tow yesterday and after 200 miles, it is fine. I have a temporary wooden flatbed to use for Moonshine, and will have a permanent box soon.

Top Bottom