And we wonder why motorcyclers have a bad rep...

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
The only unsafe move I saw was the OP. You began moving out of the left lane into the right because you knew your exit was coming up. You made it onto the white line separating the lanes. At that point the left lane is not yours anymore. Then you decided you could pass one more vehicle before your exit. We can't see whether you were using any turn signals at that point or not.
As a rider, or even in a cage, behind you I would have assumed you were leaving the lane and began my move to overtake just like they did.

Own your own mistakes.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
You made it onto the white line separating the lanes.
You're seeing something that I'm not. It was hard to tell if the OP "made it onto the white line", but if he did, I think you have a valid point.

Regardless, I would have waited until the bike I wanted to pass was CLEARLY not in my lane (or he waved me past).

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
You're seeing something that I'm not. It was hard to tell if the OP "made it onto the white line", but if he did, I think you have a valid point.

Regardless, I would have waited until the bike I wanted to pass was CLEARLY not in my lane (or he waved me past).
I also noticed the change in speed. Watch the video and pay attention to the speed difference between the motorcycles in the left lane and the vehicles in the right lane. The OP slowed to match the right lane speed as he was moving over to the white line. The motorcycles behind him maintained their speed and naturally overtook him as he slowed down.

Top Bottom