Audiovox CCS100 for 69.99

STOC #
Robert, just found this plus there's supposed to be 100 available at the Concourse forum. $80 is about right in my opinion.

I've installed 3 of'em and won't be without. I have one new and one used setting on the shelf and plan to keep both for future use.

If I was doing it from scratch, I think I'd try the newer electronic Rosta unit. Pricey but much smaller.
How did you mount the controller. Now that I don't have in dash speakers I am ready to mount mine.

DAS

STOC #
I think the ST1100 is probably easier to do and look ok than the 1300 because of the old fashioned handlebar set up. Anyway, I originally mounted the CCS100 controller on an aluminum plate see attachment 1 but I didn't like the reach to the set / resume button.

Attachment 2 - I replaced the CCS100 controller with an on off switch located in the same place (and added an on off for autocom and phone jacks for ear phones and mic).

Attachment 3 - I relocated the set/coast - resume/accel switch to left forefinger spot. I like the fingertip location of this switch much more than the old location because now I don?t have to move my hand off the grip to use it. In the photo the near switch is the CCS set/resume and the far one is a PPT that is not used but I might want it depending on how the comm system vox works. The CCS switch is a seal single pole double throw momentary on - off momentary on mini toggle switch. I ground the end of the lever square so i have plenty of traction when pulling it up or pushing it down. In fact a little sharp for a bare finger but usually I wear leather driving gloves.

Sorry the photos are sorry. If anyone really wants to see a better photo then PM me and I'll get a better shot.

Attachments

STOC #
Robert, just found this plus there's supposed to be 100 available at the Concourse forum. $80 is about right in my opinion.

I've installed 3 of'em and won't be without. I have one new and one used setting on the shelf and plan to keep both for future use.

If I was doing it from scratch, I think I'd try the newer electronic Rosta unit. Pricey but much smaller.
George, maybe the week after Christmas you could wander down to the valley and help me with my install? Sometime between now and then I will fabricate a mount for the controller using my endmill.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
George, maybe the week after Christmas you could wander down to the valley and help me with my install? Sometime between now and then I will fabricate a mount for the controller using my endmill.
Could do, nothing else going on. I've not done a 1300 so far, but there's plenty of instructions on site.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie

Which Concours forum, George?
http://forum.concours.org/
Thanks.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Is_this_needed?_(my_space_key_just_broke!)
http://www.americanpoems.com/ItemId/B00124YFVS

I_see_these_for_sale_on_several_places,
Audiovox Ccs100 - Audiovox Cruise Control W/Mgnt Kit
_are_they_the_same_as
Audiovox_CCS100_Universal_Vacuum_Cruise_Control?

News_From:
http://www.americanpoems.com/B00029WQTW/Audiovox_CCS100_Universal_Vacuum_Cruise_Control.php

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars - According to Audiovox - "This product is no longer in production"
Don't wait for Amazon or anyone to get this back in stock, if someone has one
in hand - buy it.

Audiovox has stated the following:

"The factory that manufactured these for us went out of business and we could
not find a replacement. This is no longer in production and parts are no longer
available."

Thank you for using Audiovox.
Customer Service

Bike
R1200RT
Looks like Audiovox is now selling a non-vacuum operated cruise model 250-1316, but to include the dash switch and the wheel sensor kit the price is around $300 on Ebay. Looks like I may have dragged my heels a little too long.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Pretty soon you can call if Vintage and take it to Antiques Roadshow.

There are probably lots of bikes besides the C-10 that can't use the newer cruise control. It should at least hold its value.

Since I discovered the ST can accommodate the new one, I'm less concerned about getting the 100. Seems like the new one is likely to be more reliable.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

There are probably lots of bikes besides the C-10 that can't use the newer cruise control. It should at least hold its value.

Since I discovered the ST can accommodate the new one, I'm less concerned about getting the 100. Seems like the new one is likely to be more reliable.
Reliable? My CCS100 has been on for 5 years, no problems other than the one's I've managed to "farkle" in to it. :D

I guess there have been a few folks who have had a bad 'puter out'a the box but fairly rare.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

<edit> just thinking if I get a VFR GT (availability to be announced), I might wanna go with the new, smaller unit. That vacuum canister takes up quite a bit of room. Had to get creative to fit one on the ol' VFR750.

Bike
ST
STOC #
Reliable? My CCS100 has been on for 5 years, no problems other than the one's I've managed to "farkle" in to it. :D

I guess there have been a few folks who have had a bad 'puter out'a the box but fairly rare.
Same here. Five years trouble free!

Bike
2014 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I had one stop working just a week before a long trip. Expedited one from Amazon. Pulled the old one out and installed the new one. Still didnt work. Ended up being a relay ground had pulled loose.

Now I have a spare!

JPrieST

Don't squat with your spurs on
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
For those still needing one, I just found them on Amazon for $97.22. Don't know how many are available.

Bike
ST1300
I recant on my negative about the vac can, I since have installed a vac can I built on my own and it made the cruise alot more responsive so go for it and I will eat my words, yes make,s it more responsive like a car cruise

1129VLD

"71David5"
Bike
04 ST1300
STOC #
I recant on my negative about the vac can, I since have installed a vac can I built on my own and it made the cruise alot more responsive so go for it and I will eat my words, yes make,s it more responsive like a car cruise
+ I have a vac can I ordered from Amazon .. and I have no issues with the cruise control holding speed. The vac can on Amazon also has a check valve built in. There has been some discussion that a check valve in the vac can in addition to the other check valve will assist the CC in maintaining speed in higher altitudes and on inclines.

Top Bottom