dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The concept bike had an exposed drive shaft but I'm really surprised that made it into production. Wouldn't want to get your chaps wrapped up in that U-joint.

Bike
R1200rt
The ergonomics are awful ... knee is bent back a lot, uncomfortable for longer rides

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
That's a definite departure from the norm... unless you recall the R1200C from 20 years ago.

It seems to be missing the BMW unique front end and has "normal" forks.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm not a big cruiser guy but I like the bike. I don't like the muffler at all and not crazy about the very thick fork architecture. But I do like the bike. I like the foot position. Very nice not to have feet angled back. I can't say anything about the bars without actually sitting on the bike but that might be something that could be fixed.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The "high" seat option is 28". :rofl1: I'd kill for a 28" factory seat height for the ST.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Those are really big jugs! I like the look but I'm too practical to even think of buying it. Unless, as fnmag says, in an RT more so than an RS.
Don't hold your breath waiting to see that motor in an RS or any other Beemer. The size is as much for looks and sound as for the overall image. The proportions are not right for a sleek sport touring/sporty bike.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I read an article about how there are new car designs that were to be marketed right now...and then the virus hit. I believe they said one design for a new car could cost a billion dollars from concept to production. Can you imagine the hit to the bottom line if you can't manufacture or sell a new product?

I wonder what kind of deal you could get on a motorcycle or car right now? The dealerships have to be hungry.

Chris

Bike
2000 ST1100
I'm not a fan of the cruisers, I like standard road bikes. I'd like to see an 2020 r80/7, with Brembo brakes and FI to satisfy C.A.R.B. Guzzi does it, so could BMW.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Coming from someone who used to own an R1200 Phoenix, that is just :censored:ugly.
:censored:Ugly mufflers, :censored:Ugly forks, :censored:Ugly cylinder heads, :censored:Ugly headlight, etc.
They probably tried to copy the Triumph Bobber, since obviously they are trying to attract the young Hipster generation.
At least my Phoenix had a beautiful gun metal grey and yellow paint job, comfortable handlebars, a much better front suspension set up, tubeless tires with nice wheels, and leather saddlebags if you wanted.
The only thing I didn't like was the mufflers set up, so it went away and was replaced with a set of Bub megaphones.
BMW would have done so much better coming out with a Slash 6 or Slash 7 Retro to complete with the Guzzi Stones.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
More likely "Be the only in your town to order the BMW R 18"

It's certainly of no interest for me--I'm more near 'repulsed' than even being 'neutral' to it.

However I applaud any manufacturer for bringing new models, such as BMW who keeps trying!

Top Bottom