Bleeding tools

Bike
2013 Honda ST1300 PA
Happy New Years eve. I'm going to change the fluids for clutch and brakes, and would appreciate links or brand / model for bleeding tools. Is there a particular model, or kit thats popular? Thanks.

Motion Pro Mini-bleeder wrench: https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0482
Mighty-vac or similar vacuum bleeder. Most auto parts places, and Harbor Freight carry them: https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-63391.html
I would suggest using the standard motion pro bleeder over the wrench style, as the wrench style uses a rubber grommet that wears out quickly and renders the tool useless.
The standard one uses 3/16-5/16 clear tubing you can get at any hardware store.

1609452458458.png
I use the Motion Pro bleed valves, with a longer hose on the output end that I cut for the ST's. Just don't unscrew your bleed fitting more than necessary or it will suck air and leak.

I would suggest using the standard motion pro bleeder over the wrench style, as the wrench style uses a rubber grommet that wears out quickly and renders the tool useless.
The wrench style also is unuseable in some applications where clearance prevents rotating the handle.

Thank you Igofar. Reading jfheath article.

The rubber grommet is supposed to provide an air seal, according to the manufacturer. Does the standard size have a way to prevent air going into the system at the point of contact with the nipple. Thanks.

It is a one way check valve. Only air it may pull, is when negative pressure and you pull air around the nipple threads at the caliper. Igofar taught me to use a little Teflon tape on those threads and only crack the bleeder nipple just enough to let the fluid push out. Hope that answers your question....
T

Back
Top Bottom