Bleeding tools

SpeedBleeders for me as well. All I need to carry in my toolkit is a length of appropriately sized tubing and I can take care of issues in the road if need be.

Happy New Years eve. I'm going to change the fluids for clutch and brakes, and would appreciate links or brand / model for bleeding tools. Is there a particular model, or kit thats popular? Thanks.
Take a peek at the Allstar Performance Bottle with magnet and check valve. There are some good reviews on amazon. Happy New Year.

Great timing with your question @Moses2, I just pulled my calipers off the front last night and was coming on here to check out some recommendations, so many choices. Just an FYI though, I have a vacuum style that I've used for car breaks, but the seals have gone out, so it leaks and no longer creates the needed vacuum, which is a pain when you're in the middle of a project.

I recently bought this: https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

I needed to flush/bleed the brakes on my vehicles. I've always been an "old school" 2-person type of brake bleeding guy, but i thought I'd give this a try after watching several YouTube videos. I hate dealing with brake fluid more than anything! The end result...I could not believe how easy and quick it drained/bleed the fluid on my F150. Virtually no mess. The brake pedal on my truck has never felt better.

Great timing with your question @Moses2, I just pulled my calipers off the front last night and was coming on here to check out some recommendations, so many choices. Just an FYI though, I have a vacuum style that I've used for car breaks, but the seals have gone out, so it leaks and no longer creates the needed vacuum, which is a pain when you're in the middle of a project.
Thanks Beeflips.

I recently bought this: https://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

I needed to flush/bleed the brakes on my vehicles. I've always been an "old school" 2-person type of brake bleeding guy, but i thought I'd give this a try after watching several YouTube videos. I hate dealing with brake fluid more than anything! The end result...I could not believe how easy and quick it drained/bleed the fluid on my F150. Virtually no mess. The brake pedal on my truck has never felt better.
Thanks Buckeye Rich.

SpeedBleeders for me as well. All I need to carry in my toolkit is a length of appropriately sized tubing and I can take care of issues in the road if need be.
With the speed bleeders, is it necessary to buy six of them then? And what is the part number for the speed bleeder. I look at Amazon, and the models I pick say they will fit on the St

• Motion Pro 08-0143 Hydraulic Brake Bleeder
Click image to open expanded view

Motion Pro 08-0143 Hydraulic Brake Bleeder
Brand: Motion Pro
4.4 out of 5 stars 354 ratings

| 12 answered questions
Amazon'sChoicefor "brake bleeder kit one person"

List Price:$20.75
Price:$13.49 & FREE Returns
You Save:$7.26 (35%)

I can bleed the entire system, in the correct sequence, in 30 minutes (taking my time) wipe it off, put it in a zip lock bag, and put it back in my toolbox.
With speed bleeders, you'll need to buy 7 of them, and wave goodbye when you sell your bike, this can be costly.
The MP is a single unit, and you can purchase the 3/16x5/16 clear tubing at any hardware store.
I've proved time and time again, bleeding systems after folks used vacuum pumps, by removing a lot of air that was missed when using this tool.
YMMV

Last edited:
... speed bleeders, you'll need to buy 7 ...
Looked at those over here, € 25- a piece, including the fat chance of failing the mandatory annual MOT inspection (non OEM modification on essential parts...)...

• Motion Pro 08-0143 Hydraulic Brake Bleeder
Click image to open expanded view

Motion Pro 08-0143 Hydraulic Brake Bleeder
Brand: Motion Pro
4.4 out of 5 stars 354 ratings

| 12 answered questions
Amazon'sChoicefor "brake bleeder kit one person"

List Price:$20.75
Price:$13.49 & FREE Returns
You Save:$7.26 (35%)

I can bleed the entire system, in the correct sequence, in 30 minutes (taking my time) wipe it off, put it in a zip lock bag, and put it back in my toolbox.
With speed bleeders, you'll need to buy 7 of them, and wave goodbye when you sell your bike, this can be costly.
The MP is a single unit, and you can purchase the 3/16x5/16 clear tubing at any hardware store.
I've proved time and time again, bleeding systems after folks used vacuum pumps, by removing a lot of air that was missed by using this tool.
YMMV
Thank you Igofar.

Reactions: Obo
including the fat chance of failing the mandatory annual MOT inspection (non OEM modification on essential parts...)...

I find that sad.
There could be other words to describe it, too.

There could be other words to describe it, too.
Like what? :shrug2:
Mind that also braided, 3rd party brake lines would be considered not roadworthy over here...
(they already bug me over the running lights every year...)

Like what? :shrug2:
Like over-reaching government, and much more anti-liberty types of comments, but that's why I didn't expound.
I appreciate that we're not engrossed in political debates here... I can find other places for that.
So... yeah, @Igofar talked me into using the simple MotionPro bleed tool, instead of the MityVac I have and *would* have used, if left to my own devices. And it worked a treat.
Thank God I am still teachable.
Even at my advanced age.

Last edited:
I've proved time and time again, bleeding systems after folks used vacuum pumps, by removing a lot of air that was missed when using this tool.
These are the reasons why I haven't bought the speed bleeders and use the MP tool. I'd rather spend the $100 on a more useful farkle.

Back
Top Bottom