• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

CO: A to Z (Round 3)

Bike
2009 ST 1300
Re: CO: A to Z

Colorado is by far one of the prettiest states to ride a motorcycle in, but I am amazed that you guys are still on the roads in December. I thought CO had lots of snow and ice during this time of year. We get our fair share of slippery stuff on the west coast, but 2013 turning out to be our driest year on record. Good for riding and not so good for keeping water in the reservoirs or snow in the ski areas. Sounds like a fun competition and I have enjoyed reading along but wondered if you are having an unusually dry year as well?

OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Thad, no, not a dry year. What most don't realize (and we prefer to keep secret) is that we actually have mild winters and snow melts/sublimes away in 'days'--that is for the eastern half of the state. The mountains and western half can have ice/snow packed on roads for 'weeks' after a snowstorm where the road is shaded.

For example, after a week or more of no snow, it is not impossible to ride over Loveland pass in the middle of winter (12,000 feet elevation).

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #

Damn - I was just out in Orchard to get the O.
You must have just beat me. I see that pickup was still parked in front of the PO.
I usually get two letters at a time just for this reason.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get P.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

LOL Randy ... I had a feeling you or Smash would be out, so I got 'Platteville' as a backup, but didn't need it. :D

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #

P I went for Peckham instead of Platteville.

Looks like we will need to skip the letter Q. The only locale listed in the Benchmark Atlas is Querida on a dirt road east of Silver Cliff and Wikipedia doesn't show any town or city starting with the letter Q.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300

I guess you're right. Most places listed in the link I posted are old mines and ghost towns. Probably not appropriate for this A to Z game, as the may be totally inaccessible to road going motorcycles and might not have any signage for taking a photo with your bike.

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #

I was able to ride to work today for the first time in three weeks - a long break for me. The street in front of my house finally cleared enough to get out to the main streets.
So after work I stopped by Timnath to get the:
T

Attachments

OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Yes it was a nice ride ... had to watch for icy spots on the elevated roadways in the passes.

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #

This sat for WAY too long, so I went for an early Sunday ride to move it along.
so here is W

Attachments

Last edited:

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #

Well I tried to get the Y today, but got vetoed. Only two towns out there - Yuma and Yoder. Anyone...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Sorry sir, those is the rules...

Top Bottom