Crash at OnSTOC! :(

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
is this blog of your injury going to take over the ONSTOCK BLOG?
appreciate your injury and feel badly for you.....but do we all need to hear/read the intimate details?
this is something i would think you would discuss in private.
I guess if you don't want to hear about it then don't read it!!! Get well Patty!!! Sorry to hear about your mishap!

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
is this blog of your injury going to take over the ONSTOCK BLOG?
appreciate your injury and feel badly for you.....but do we all need to hear/read the intimate details?
this is something i would think you would discuss in private.
Well. To say that I am taken aback by your post would be an understatement. Your comments suggest that you don't yet have a full understanding of what this forum...and these people...are about. We do not discuss crashes/ensuing injuries "in private" here. They affect all of us, as it can happen to any one of us. We all care deeply for one another and never hesitate to offer support/help/friendship to a fellow rider who has gone down and are thankful that he/she survived to tell the tale.
If you don't ride yourself, or have never gone down in a crash, maybe this is all new to you. If you do ride, or have gone down, I frankly have no explanation for why you would make such insensitive remarks. In any case, I'm sorry you feel that way; if this thread offends or bores you, please, by all means, ignore it.

Patty

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Well. To say that I am taken aback by your post would be an understatement. Your comments suggest that you don't yet have a full understanding of what this forum...and these people...are about. We do not discuss crashes/ensuing injuries "in private" here. They affect all of us, as it can happen to any one of us. We all care deeply for one another and never hesitate to offer support/help/friendship to a fellow rider who has gone down and are thankful that he/she survived to tell the tale.
If you don't ride yourself, or have never gone down in a crash, maybe this is all new to you. If you do ride, or have gone down, I frankly have no explanation for why you would make such insensitive remarks. In any case, I'm sorry you feel that way; if this thread offends or bores you, please, by all means, ignore it.

Patty
Couldn't have stated it better Patty! You go girl!!

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Well said Patty I think he has ignored it already he hasn't replied to any of our posts sinc Joe's. Oh well it takes all kinds hope you are feeling better.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I'll go out on a limb here:

I'm guessing the untoward comments made here were more of a mistake on the posters part than anything. It's not that I am taking sides or wouldn't defend Patty to the Nth degree but I can't imagine someone having an attitude, in real life, like the post projects.

Anyway, all we have to do is keep an eye out for further posts from this person. If they get too cantankerous we'll get Joe or Blrfl to whip up a batch of delete! That oughta really get his goat! :rofl1:

Patty, you take now, ya heer!

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
I hope you're feeling better Patty, and by all means please continue to let us know you're progressing.:)

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Well said Patty,are you still travelling to Ireland this year? hope you have a speedy recovery
I am indeed! I should be right as rain by August...and I can't possibly miss the barn dance and threshing the weekend before the wedding! :)

Bike
Vstrom 650
Great stuff,I had a 'getoff' as ye say over there about 25 years ago so i know how it feels,I was lying on the road and was more worried about my bike which was bent round a tree!!
thank God I had a full face helmet on,I went up the road face first.
You have a long time yet till August to heal,how is your bike?

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Great stuff,I had a 'getoff' as ye say over there about 25 years ago so i know how it feels,I was lying on the road and was more worried about my bike which was bent round a tree!!
thank God I had a full face helmet on,I went up the road face first.
You have a long time yet till August to heal,how is your bike?
Mostly cosmetic - it's all fixable. The engine's fine, fuel injection system is fine...it's mostly mirrors, handlebars, foot peg, side cases and brackets, topbox...nothing horrendous. The bike chose a soft place to land...ME! Lol.

Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Patty, You are taking your happy pills about 1/2 hour before changing the burn dressing ? This also applies to anything else that produces higher pain levels like Physical Therapy. Sometimes the Medical Folks don't realize the details are important too. I want to keep the hope alive that one day I will get to ride with the one and only Peppermint Patty ! Heel well. Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Patti, You are taking your happy pills about 1/2 hour before changing the burn dressing ? This also applies to anything else that produces higher pain levels like Physical Therapy. Sometimes the Medical Folks don't realize the details are important too. I want to keep the hope alive that one day I will get to ride with the one and only Peppermint Patti ! Heel well. Jim
Aw, Jim...That's awesome. Yes, I'm being VERY careful not to let the pain get ahead of the meds (thanks, Papa, for that tidbit of advice). I'm doing well and the pain is well managed at this point. The burn doesn't even actually "hurt;" right now it itches like heck, but that's a good sign...means it's healing. I just saw my doc yesterday and have follow-ups at my local walk-in clinic, and everybody says the burn is doing well.

Hope to ride with you too, friend! :)

Patty

Bike
Vstrom 650
Thats good,not to worry bout the bike anyway,it is replaceable,you aren't.
Take care and get well soon,you never know might see you in August,Dia duit

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Thats good,not to worry bout the bike anyway,it is replaceable,you aren't.
Take care and get well soon,you never know might see you in August,Dia duit
It would be GREAT to see you in August! I'll get in touch when things get closer!
Agus t? fein! :D

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Oh Patty! :( Somehow I missed this thread. Glad you're not too bad... get well soon! x

Top Bottom