Cutting out again

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
You do realize the ECM could have been lifted out just by removing the passenger seat, and releasing the rubber band right?
:rofl1:
I looked at it. The rubber is latched on the backside and I have lots of time. The manual lead the way and I followed.. The ABS controller was infront and I didn't want to screw that up... so 3hrs of playing... This raining here. Tomorrow is a different day.. Pickleball at 8am fir 2 hrs . I usually get there 30.early

Would the ECM and ABS module lift out as 1 piece? I just looked again ... it would be a tight lift

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Ok.. received my parts by 5pm. The sensor was fairly easy to install but I couldn't for the life of me install the connector. Plan 2... remove throttle body.. that was a chore. I pryed, sprayed lube on the top of each insulator.. Then I thought... you cannot pull a hose off ... it has to be pushed... that's it.. so.. corner of #3 I put my pry bar under the head of the bolt above the TB position sensor, then using a long flat screwed fished it between the frame and head. I prayed down on the insulator while prying upwards on the bolt.. POP, #1 and 3 are off. Done the same thing on the other side.. .. easy Peasy.. pushed the connector on ... while I had the body off I measure the TB position sensor. 5k start and slowly opened and the ohms went down slowly to... can't remember... throttle back on.. installed my new coils, and she fired up great. It's now 930pm... tomorrow I have to syn the body again.. New sparkplug also installed
I still have plug wire # 1&2 to install when they come in. I hope next week
20230612_180739.jpg

20230612_200835.jpg

Last edited:

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
What's your latest report? @Tdinova
I hope having rain 7 days a week isn't stopping you from test driving your bike? :)

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Still waiting for the crankcase sensor which I had to buy from Partszilla. 2 coils wires should be here any day. I sorta complained to FortNine about my gas issues. I received an email stating that they are replacing my fuel pump FREE
Screenshot_20230629_071304_Outlook.jpg

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Still waiting for the crankcase sensor which I had to buy from Partszilla. 2 coils wires should be here any day. I sorta complained to FortNine about my gas issues. I received an email stating that they are replacing my fuel pump FREE
Screenshot_20230629_071304_Outlook.jpg
Good to hear. I haven't heard any negative feedback about Fortnine so I'm not surprised to hear they are helping you..

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I just saw a post that you made in another thread where you stated that you have been going strong for 1500 KM since changing the crankshaft position sensor.
So is that the final determination, the problem was the crankshaft position sensor?

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I just saw a post that you made in another thread where you stated that you have been going strong for 1500 KM since changing the crankshaft position sensor.
So is that the final determination, the problem was the crankshaft position sensor?
I hope it done it.. time will only tell... I replaced alot of parts up til then I only went 100 to 500km before it acted up again... it even idles different so I'm really happy at this point . It acted like it was running out of gas sometimes or would not rev past 6k before bouncing back to 4k then back to 6 then to 4k.. I would turn it off for 5 mins and and work perfect other times I struggled to get home. . I will repost in another 5-600 km.

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
I should also add. No driving for awhile. The South Shore of Nova Scotia got hit with a once in a life tine of rain Friday all day. Some major roads got washed out and my driveway was one of them

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Sorry about your driveway . That is a pretty big storm you were hit with and a lot of water is every where . Hope it gets better for all of you there real soon .

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
10 to 12 inches of rain in 12 hours or abit.. Trans Canada between Bridgewater and Halifax had spots washed out.. 100s of driveways are gone. Mine is only the end. I'm repairing it as I type (had to have lunch). Multiple bridges are gone, rivers have altered their course until another major flood happens in the next century. 2 adults 2 toddlers and 1 youth got caught in a flash flood out near Windsor. No bodies found, 1 truck was found but empty..

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Obo
OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
325km today. I'm at 1980km and climbing. I ordered the fuel line between the lower tank and the fuel rail about a month ago. It came in today. More parts for my store....
Below is a picture of our beautiful province and the path of the rain storm. I live near Bridgewater
Screenshot_20230726_145725_Facebook.jpg

Top Bottom