Electronic cruise control

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
between Kaoko and Throttlemeister is Kaoko much easier to grip due to 'castle' nut, lots if complaints Throttlemeister difficult to grab in comparison but I also understand there is a knurled part you can get to solve this but if buying new go kaoko.
I've never had a problem with the Throttlemeister being too slippery to grip, even in the rain, and just use my ring and little finger to adjust the amount of friction the mechanism applies. But I do have the black powder coated heavy version, not the smoother silver version.

I like the fact that I can move my hands out to the bar ends to get a little more air flow up my jacket sleeves when it's hot and not have a knurled ring in the way. I also like the fact that the installation is clean and nearly invisible. Here are links to reviews for the Kaoko and Throttlemeister for anyone who's interested.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The TM is a nice bit but at $175 my $30 Go-Cruise suits me well.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
I've also the mccruise unit. Despite being #3 owner, they had zero issues finding and submitting documentation to me for it. Debating an upgrade to the electronic servo unit.

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
McCruise is ordered. If Uncle Phil has three and happy with all of them that's all I need to know.

Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Glad the OP got what be was after, and this thread was informative on a topic I too was pondering.

Im in so much traffic I wouldn’t trust going on auto pilot for long to justify the cost. Touring and going on open roads for extended periods is probably a better application of this kind of tech.

I do have an inexpensive throttle lock that I use briefly when my fingers go numb on occasion. Don’t employ it in traffic nor on curves. Just long enough to shake the numbness out.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've never used my car's cruise control or bike's throttle lock in the city. Only on the open road and only on long stretches at that.

Top Bottom