Votes: 3 4.0%
  • EXTERNAL: I have an FCE w/issues but they ended up being something else

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • OUTSTANDING: I have an FCE w/issues

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • REPLACED: I had an FCE w/issues and it was replaced, still have issues

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
I don't mean to flagellate a deceased equine :BDH: but with spring here does anyone have an update on this?

I don't mean to flagellate a deceased equine :BDH: but with spring here does anyone have an update on this?

Mine is still working great... however, I haven't ridden much this year... YET..

I still haven't fitted mine! But I have ordered a crimping tool so I can attach those pesky bullet connectors.

I uninstalled mine from my '06 after determining that it wasn't working as advertised. I went to the extent of constructing a switchbox that allowed me to quickly enable/disable it, and the difference was very small. I experimented with it in a very control manner. I never experienced the "rheostat like" throttle response that others have. I purchased a throttle tamer and a set of grip puppies. With that combination, it made much more of a difference in the "on/off" characteristic than the FCE did.

I installed one this winter on my 06 and put the OEM fuel regulator back in and I noticed a marked improvement in starting, idling and low speed maneuvering around town. The flat spot I had at 3200 RPM is gone as well. The exhaust is not as rich smelling and overall throttle response is smoother and more precise.

I had to reset mine a couple of times today... gotta remember to let the FI light go out before starting the engine.

Rode AR 21, 7 and 14... man oh man what a great ride... might be worth missing Moonshine... and I'm hugging the grand kids

I wish I could ride an ST13 with the FCE installed and working perfectly. "Improvements" are a subjective thing. I noticed very little difference with and without the FCE installed on my '06. It still had the "kick" when getting back on the throttle.

I still have the original one installed on my bike. Makes my bike smooth as silk. The only issue I've had is on hot days, after a long downhill run, I start getting the throttle burble. I simply pull over, power cycle the bike, and it's back to prefect. They sent me a replacement which is suppose to correct this issue, but I haven't installed it yet.

I installed mine on Friday, took about 1.5 hours, very easy , well written instructions. The difference is not striking, but IS there. Low speed roll-ons are very smooth now, shifts are smoother, and not as much "kick" when getting back on throttle around turns, etc. It did not, however, mitigate the heat problem at all. I'll be addressing that next. All in all, worth the 139.00.

Installed this morning. Minor problem crimping the male connectors, otherwise very straight-forward. Still have the ECU and my blueseas distribution box crammed into the space behind the rear seat . . . i'll get that cleaned-up later. Very pleased with the results--does exactly what I had hoped. I can see how wires, connectors and crimps could lose integrity if shoved around too much (leading to unpredictable results.)

How do you reset the FCE. I think mine stop working.
Kenny

I had to reset mine a couple of times today... gotta remember to let the FI light go out before starting the engine.

Rode AR 21, 7 and 14... man oh man what a great ride... might be worth missing Moonshine... and I'm hugging the grand kids

How do you reset the FCE. I think mine stop working.
Kenny

I don't think it means reset the FCE, it means reset the ECU by cycling it off with the kill switch then back on. I could be misunderstanding it though.

Top Bottom