Fender extender

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
I bought a new to me low mileage 2010 ST1300. My previous bike had a fender extender on the front. I would like to add one to my new bike. Any suggestions where to buy one or make one myself?

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
So just got a big box from Bike Quip. It arrived quickly,,, 4 days from GB,,, door to door. It was big because it included these new side panels. However,, it also included a very nice Fender-extender for my ST13. The kit is complete with hardware,, instructions and even a Honda decal. Not installed yet,,, but I have a new front tire going on at the end of the month, so then would be the time to do it. Looks like good value,, and you can check out the other ST specific items on the website. Cheers,, CAt'

https://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/product-page/st1300-front-fenda-extenda?categoryId=8e8491c6-dffd-79bb-eb83-6428b8b77fd0&utm_campaign=441c96ed-03f1-4d9f-a12b-f960db6624ad&utm_source=so

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I bought a new to me low mileage 2010 ST1300. My previous bike had a fender extender on the front. I would like to add one to my new bike. Any suggestions where to buy one or make one myself?
You might try a PM/Conversation with Blue One who's a member here. He was making a Stuff Stopper fender extender that sold for $45 IIRC.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Hi, do you have any pics that can I see?
you can send it to ( pleonides@comcast.net)
thanks.
You might want to contact that fella in another way. Hover your mouse over his name, then click on "start conversation" , and send him a message. That way he will receive it for sure. Otherwise he will never see what you asked for if he doesn't come back to this thread.
Good luck...

Bike
2010 ST1300
The stuff stopper - made by @Blue One - is a bit longer than the fenda extenda. Well, check it out, that's what my memory says. Stop the presses! I just measured my stuff stopper - middle of end of fender to tip of stuff stopper in the middle is 8 1/4". So far mine has not dragged on the pavement.....:rofl1:* Maybe someone will chime in w/ the length of a fendah extendah (if you're going to sound like a New Englander, you have to spell like them, too.)

*I love this little guy, and use him every chance I get.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I purchased and installed the Stuff Stopper made by @Blue One and I have been very happy with it. The photo below shows the part installed.

I installed it (and also a similar fender extender on my ST 1100) using ABS plumbing glue. Besides eliminating the need for drilling & nuts & bolts, the glue provides a watertight seal between the Honda fender and the extension, this means that you won't get water leaks running between the two parts and down the outside of the fender extension.

If you choose to glue the two parts together, remove the Honda fender from the bike and rough up the inside of the Honda fender first using coarse grit sandpaper. When you glue the two parts together, orient the Honda fender so that any excess glue will run down the inside surface of the fender, not down the outside surface of the extension. In other words, position the Honda fender upside-down when you do the gluing.

Michael

Stuff Stopper Fender Extension

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
I have the Pyramid one on my ST and it is 'good'. It would be better if a bit longer (closer to the ground). The 'Stuff Stopper' looks longer to me and would be worth investigating.
I have had the Pyramid on my last 4 bikes and it is amongst the first items (farkles) I buy. A very practical and low cost item with obvious benefit.
D

Bike
2010 ST1300
@CYYJ's installation instructions are perfect. I used a welder's clamp to hold the fender and the extender together, and added C-clamps for additional localized pressure until the glue cured. All C-clamps would work as well, but I needed an extra pair of hands for that. By 'welder's clamp' I mean a pair of vise grips with an extended pair of C shaped 'pincers' like the mandibles you find on some insects. Mine were from a Kreg pocket drilling jig that had swiveling flat pads on the end and were perfect for this job. Do a test run first with clamps, blocks and no glue, then go for it.

Top Bottom