Fender extender

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Sorry, it’s not likely to happen any time soon.
I’ve just been too busy with other things.
Understood, thanks for the update. Not likely to be a big seller anyway.

JBIRD

2006 ST1300, sold
Bike
2019 Streetglide
So just got a big box from Bike Quip. It arrived quickly,,, 4 days from GB,,, door to door. It was big because it included these new side panels. However,, it also included a very nice Fender-extender for my ST13. The kit is complete with hardware,, instructions and even a Honda decal. Not installed yet,,, but I have a new front tire going on at the end of the month, so then would be the time to do it. Looks like good value,, and you can check out the other ST specific items on the website. Cheers,, CAt'

https://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/product-page/st1300-front-fenda-extenda?categoryId=8e8491c6-dffd-79bb-eb83-6428b8b77fd0&utm_campaign=441c96ed-03f1-4d9f-a12b-f960db6624ad&utm_source=so

Images with side panels installed coming?...

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Images with side panels installed coming?...
Sure,, I will get some pic's up,,, the side panels are very nice. However,,, I do have a small interference on the left side,,, with my Goldwing style crash bars that I will have to adjust for. It is not the fault of the panels. I am glad that I ordered them in black,, as they will look okay till I decide how to finish/color them. The surface is currently a very clean gloss black. The RH panel just slipped right into place,,, as would the panier. Cheers,, CAt'

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
+1 ! A gear report would be great too.
Okay,, so not a lot of time today,,, to write reports or take pictures,,, but I was coming out of an office and the light looked good, so I took this one. I had to remove my LH tip over bar to install that cover,,, but it is not the fault of the cover. The problem lies with my installation of the tip over bar,,, and I had been putting off correcting that for too long,,, so got to fix it now. Anyway,,, the covers are a 9 out of 10,,, and I am happy with the fit, finish and function. In this light,,, the gloss black seems to almost blend in with the oem coronado blue of my '04. I think the match the lines of the bike beautiful. I rode it a bit today, just in town,,, but noticed no difference in sound. And the fiberglass construction is solid and really defect free. I will post more tomorrow evening,, after getting some freeway time. Improved aerodynamics should result in an extra 20kph on the top end,, and double my fuel mileage,,, no ?? Cheers, Cat'

20190821_120530.jpg

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Nice, those side covers look much better in the wild than I thought they would. What's that contraption over your pillion seat?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Okay,, so not a lot of time today,,, to write reports or take pictures,,, but I was coming out of an office and the light looked good, so I took this one.
Wow! That really looks good! It makes the ST look svelte!

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Nice, those side covers look much better in the wild than I thought they would. What's that contraption over your pillion seat?
The center hardcase that I built uses an oem rear seat pan. So it locks in place using the same rear seat release mechanism as the pillion seat. It carries a little more than a side case,,, and locks, and hinges forward for access. It functions as a backrest,, and a light weight half cover pulls out of the front of it, to cover and shade most of the bike. Obviously, it is a rider only configuration,,, and although I reffered to it as my "super smuggler" while I was building it,,, now I just call it my center case. I can remove it,, and throw on my pillions Sargent seat,,, and the Givi 52 in about a minute. Aero is a lot better,, and I prefer it too strapping bags and stuff to the rear,, like it is a pack mule. If I can't fit everything I need into 3 hard cases,,, then I am carrying too much stuff. Even more handy now,, that I am using these side covers at times,,, Cheers,, CAt'

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
My Fender extender VS the Pyramid plastics version. You tell me which is the better most effective and best looking design. I think the answer is obvious.

Blue one. How can i get onr of your extenders? Looks perfect.
Address New York 14075
Pay Pay credit card etc.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
I installed one on my FJR1300 using JB Weld glue. It didn't last very long. I re-installed it using Flex Glue, and so far so good (2 years, all kinds of weather)!

My Fender extender VS the Pyramid plastics version. You tell me which is the better most effective and best looking design. I think the answer is obvious.

Hello Blue One,

Comparing your Fender Extender to the Pyramid Extender looks pretty convincing. I would love to get one of your Fender Extenders!

Would you consider sending one (or maybe a small number if I can find supporters here) to the European Union?

With best regards from Berlin
Olaf

Bike
2017 ST 1300PA
I just installed one of these on my ST. Machine-like fit. Do exactly as his instructions say. I used black ABS glue and after the initial glue cured, I used more on the inside seam instead of silicone. Works well to keep a hard, smooth surface for the water/debris kept on the inside.
Plus, the black looks good with my PA edition.

Best,
Rob

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I just installed one of these on my ST. Machine-like fit. Do exactly as his instructions say. I used black ABS glue and after the initial glue cured, I used more on the inside seam instead of silicone. Works well to keep a hard, smooth surface for the water/debris kept on the inside.
Plus, the black looks good with my PA edition.

Best,
Rob
What brand did you buy and where?

Thanks

Top Bottom