From This to This in 20 Minutes

OP
OP
Williamson
Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
So a little mula makes a non-inspected bike with no road worthiness certification legal to be on the road he!
Yes, due to overspending and poor financial management our State Government, ie. us, the people, is in extreme debt and now has its hands in our back pockets for anything or everything it can. But in the end $48.50 is far less inconvenient than trailering the bike home, so it's accepted.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
No, I don't think so.
But you CAN run out of room in the garage...
So, build a bigger garage or rent one - problem solved! :biggrin:
The Holler Garage has 3 ten foot bays, a workshop, and ten foot car port on the end.
In one ten foot bay you can park 4 ST1100s abreast and then 4 more in front of them.
A feller has to have his priorities right ... ;)

The Holler From The Air -
Holler Garage House.jpg

Last edited:

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
The Holler Garage has 3 ten foot bays, a workshop, and ten foot car port on the end.
In one ten foot bay you can park 4 ST1100s abreast and then 4 more in front of them.

I'm seeing a lot of excess and wasted space in the house part of the complex.............

Eliminate a few bedrooms, dining room etc... and you can add a few more 10' bays for ST parts storage.

OP
OP
Williamson
Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
.... but I would loathe downsizing my garage.
Yes, probably shoulda put more thought to that.

Holler Garage House.jpg
1701660821869.png

We have the front townhouse, concrete driveway is shared area. One of the best outcomes is the front lawn, it doesn't take very long to mow it, 'specially as I bought her a Ryobi cordless electric mower.

... Eliminate a few bedrooms, dining room etc... and you can add a few more 10' bays for ST parts storage.
Despite the mowing, I'm ahead, don't want to spoil the current arrangments.

Hmm, not a bad plan .... :think1:
See above ... and I wouldn't get a Council permit to add anything to the front yard,

1701661307862.png

But thanks for the suggestions anyway, it's nice to know that there are people out there looking at ways to improve the life of others.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
You might could put up one of those inflatable garages on that green spot of grass - that way she wouldn't have to mow it! ;)

When my family moved to a 'subdivision' (sizewise like your place) from out in the country when I was a kid, I thought I was going to go crazy.
It was a real joy when I could go out in the summers to my grandparent's farm and my great grandparent's farm where there were no neighbors to be seen.
I determined then that when I was able I would get a place with lots of room and privacy.
We own to the top of the ridges all the way around us so encroachment will not be a problem even if the area does get heavily developed.
If I have my way, my next 'move' will be to the graveyard! ;)
BTW, my place is pretty maintenance free - small yard, no paintable surfaces except the inside ceilings and outside doors - by plan.
One level (2 steps from the garage to the house), walk in shower - all trying to think ahead for the 'golden' years - called 'golden' because of all the gold it takes to fix what's broke. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Williamson
Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Update:
  • 3rd last stage of getting the Mighty ST1300 back on the road complete, RWC issued this AM.

• 2nd last stage, VIV inspection / certificate, next Monday.

• Last stage, visit to VicRoads and registration, on or before 7 March. This will then complete and almost 12 month process since the ORF on 9 March 2023.
Then to decide, which do I keep? On the surface there's very little difference, both Honda ST1300 (d'oh!), both black, both 2011; my original ST has 74,000km on the clock, the replacement 59,000km. Despite 15,000km extra km, the original feels "tighter", clutch and brakes a little "sharper", it's mine since new (so perhaps I'm a little biased), overall it's probably a nicer ST1300. Yeah, I'll keep it, and put the replacement ST1300 on the market.

Can anyone spot the differences? Most are obvious, some others are subtle.

Some differences won't be picked - they're under the skin.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Can anyone spot the differences? Most are obvious, some others are subtle.
Original has trailer hitch, aftermarket windscreen, and OEM seat. Newcomer has stock windscreen, aftermarket seat, looks like it has a tank cover / bra. Different brands of top cases. Front indicator lenses appear to be different shades of amber / yellow. Newcomer doesn't have the round amber reflectors on the forks- replaced with rectangular versions.

I'd gladly have either one.

Top Bottom