Going Dark

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've been lied to before, maybe I should ask other tire warehouses.
But again, it IS my luck that I would be looking for unobtanium rubber.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I've priced them here at Costco. Currently out of stock but "check back multiple times daily for updates"
I wonder if they are like some of those those Honda parts online ..."Currently out of stock. We don't know when we will have them again."

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
GAAAAHHHHH!
I am having NO luck finding my DarkSide locally.
Learned the BFG G Force Comp has been discontinued - for years, according to some.
And the Pirelli Cinturato A/S comes in run-flat ONLY, making the cost over $250. I was under the impression I could get a CT for about a hunnerd bucks, but maybe those were the Falkens or Hankooks or Coopers which necessitated some swingarm material removal.
These are the only two tires / tyres I've found in the DS threads which REQUIRE NO GRINDING of the swingarm... a prerequisite for this noob darksider / darkslider.
Any other proven grind-free car tires / tyres y'all can recommend?
My wallet thanks you.
And I did specify to the tire / tyre discounters that I would not require installation, so there was no install fee included in my quoted price.
Knowing me, I shoulda known this wouldn't be a simple plug-n-play deal.

This will be my next tire on my ST https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Hypertrac+All+Season&partnum=05WR7HTASXLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I have it in my hands and it is very round on the sides not flat like so many and it is the thinnest 205/50/17 I can find.

PXL_20230627_214537675.MP.jpg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
That almost looks like a MC tire.. curious to see how you like it.
That is why I ordered it after spending hours comparing widths on the 205/50/17 tires, in person it is rounder then the picture shows.

I will post a thread on it after I get it mounted and a few miles on it.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
That is why I ordered it after spending hours comparing widths on the 205/50/17 tires, in person it is rounder then the picture shows.

I will post a thread on it after I get it mounted and a few miles on it.
This looks like IT... and on closeout now for $120 (before s/h.)
Well, the 93w is, and the 93y is $46 more.
(Darn, and I was REALLY looking forward to riding at 168mph...)
Thank you, Mike!
EDIT:$131.86 with tax and tire fee --- free shipping.

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I wonder if they are like some of those those Honda parts online ..."Currently out of stock. We don't know when we will have them again."
I don't think so.
They buy them centrally (one spot buying power!) and then ship them out to each store as you order them.
When I needed tires last year late in the season they were out of stock, and tire manufactures usually do 2 runs a year... making Winter tires in the Summer time and then making Summer tires in the Winter.
They had them available earlier this year last I checked, but as my new MC tires will be good for at least another year I'll now look at getting the car tire next year-ish in the Spring. I didn't want to have it sitting around, aging for no good reason.
Costco usually buys an item in bulk and then sells it off, then repeats next season. Makes sense they'd do the same for tires. If brand A is out of stock your option is brand B that's in stock.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Dang.
It almost sounds as if you're suggesting that I... *GASP!* ... plan ahead.
And we've all seen what happens when I try to "plan" things.
#BMWGSA
#motorcycletrailer

• Haha
Reactions: Obo

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Darn it!
TireRack just emailed me an update about my car tire... it's gonna arrive today, a day EARLY.
Pfffttt!
How do businesses get away with this under-promising and over-delivering?
Now what do I have to complain about?
Pfffttt.

Top Bottom