Gold Wing Crash Bar to ST1300 Adapter Plates and Hardware $53 + ship

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Sorry, stopped int'l shipping because of customs forms/hassles. I do sell on ebay also and they will ship internationally and take care of all that. I think I'm the only game in town if you search ST1300 crash bars.

I'm curious to know how the adaptor plate works. Does it attach to the bike and the bar to the plate? If so, does that affect the strength of that attachment point as compared to the bars mounting directly to the bike?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Does it attach to the bike and the bar to the plate?
Correct.
If so, does that affect the strength of that attachment point as compared to the bars mounting directly to the bike?
No. The mount that he sells is quite robust- probably more robust than the bars. These Goldwing bars are hollow. In my opinion they are of most value at protecting the panniers at lower speed/stationary tip overs. If you go down at high speeds they will not survive very well regardless of how they were attached.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Agree with Andrew. I would add protect the panniers and your knees. I now have the oem replacement (cheapest ones I sell) on my own bike. They are not as robust, but if I happen to drop the bike in the garage and they get scratched, no problem, I just pop new ones on cheap. Had two of those oopsies in my life. Don't ever move your bike around wearing flip flops, lesson learned. On the first oopsie I had to ask my mother in law to help me pick it up because there was no one else around and I couldn't do it. I was amazed by the superhuman strength of this fragile looking Czech woman of advanced age, and what's more she immediately went into the correct lifting position, turning her back to the bike and lifting with her legs - and that was a Road King she helped me pick up. It has become a family legend, much to my embarrassment.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
In case anyone wants to order these for Christmas, last day I can ship is Dec. 12 - then I'm a goner between work and skiing until at least Jan. 18.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
End of an era - I'm down to my last four sets of adapter plates, and all out of bars. Sales have slowed considerably so after all these years I think I pretty much saturated the market? Price is the same, 48+9 shipping for the last few. Last one to the party gets the slightly uglier old school version without the nicely tumbled edges. It's possible I may make another batch (a batch is 25 sets, and takes about three weeks to put together, so it's a pretty major undertaking), but it won't be anytime soon given what's going on in the world. But after the four sets are gone I'll take names on a waiting list and when I reach ten on the list I'll run a batch.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
I'll take a pair of plates from you - I already have the bars.

I'll drop you a PM now, since it'll be international shipping (I'm in no rush for them).

ATA

Bike
2007 ST1300
I purchased a set w/bars last year for my '07. Excellent and very strong. Thanks for the quality product and stay well and ride safe!

i would like a set as well...bought the bars on Ebay but didn't see your product listed. I am in Canada and usually ship to border post office but now we are not allowed across the border to pick up parcels. Let me know how to proceed...if it is too much money and hassle to ship to me I may just have you ship to border address and wait for it to open back up. thanks

Just installed a set I recently purchased from red dirt cowboy. He mentioned he only had 5 left at the time. So glad I was able to get them. Replaced the mcl bars. My pillion had no room to set her feet on the pegs. There is so much more room for her now.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
That's all she wrote for now, sold the last set yesterday. I'm going to take a little covid break now, but will collect names on here... if I reach 10 that will force my hand. No guarantee on price until I start dealing with suppliers of bits and pieces again.

Hi everybody, my new limited edition CNC run of MoDZuki's adapter plates is in and ready to ship.

These will allow you to adapt Goldwing GL1800 crash bars to an ST1300. I will also soon have available a limited edition of powdercoated crash bars for $87 a pair + 13.60 shipping.

Price is $48 + $7.15 priority small box shipping for CONUS (Canadian/foreign please inquire by pm). Terms: Paypal Friends and family payments. If they don't work for you I will accept return but you pay shipping both ways. No warranties made or implied. Please note small imperfections on adapter surfaces and "nubs" left from CNC machining (some polishing/finishing may be required if you are particular).

Thanks,

Martin in Redlands.
How do I purchase your adapters? Is there a web site or can it be done on this site. eBay?

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
How do I purchase your adapters? Is there a web site or can it be done on this site. eBay?
Read the post above yours. LOL send him a PM and get added to the list. Great setup with the plates and bars.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
That's all she wrote for now, sold the last set yesterday. I'm going to take a little covid break now, but will collect names on here... if I reach 10 that will force my hand. No guarantee on price until I start dealing with suppliers of bits and pieces again.
Think he already addressed that.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
I see someone on ebay is knocking off bygdawg's bars in Mexico and selling them for around 2/3 of his price. I call not cool, as much as I have probably been competing with the dawg myself over the last few years. At least the design I use came from a long term member of this forum and was an original he gave me permission to produce. Knocking off other people's designs when they are still making them is just plain wrong, and I hope you'll consider that and buy the dawg's bars instead (or mine, of course, when and if they become available again... but the existence of this vendor adds some weight to the "if" part.)

Top Bottom