Gold Wing Crash Bar to ST1300 Adapter Plates and Hardware $53 + ship

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Glad to hear everyone is having success with installation. For now I have a few sets of chrome bars left and down to one set of powder coated.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Status update:
Received mounting brackets yesterday, with instructions (YAY!). I called the nearby gentleman with the actual crash bars, so all is good.
Thanks for making this happen so fast!
I'll be glad to offer a review, if you have a designated place for it - or just copy this note of appreciation.
Be well!
Mark in Birmingham

Hi everybody, my new limited edition CNC run of MoDZuki's adapter plates is in and ready to ship.

These will allow you to adapt Goldwing GL1800 crash bars to an ST1300. I will also soon have available a limited edition of powdercoated crash bars for $87 a pair + 13.60 shipping.

Price is $48 + $7.15 priority small box shipping for CONUS (Canadian/foreign please inquire by pm). Terms: Paypal Friends and family payments. If they don't work for you I will accept return but you pay shipping both ways. No warranties made or implied. Please note small imperfections on adapter surfaces and "nubs" left from CNC machining (some polishing/finishing may be required if you are particular).

Thanks,

Martin in Redlands.

Hi There,

looking for a set of tip over bars for my 2007 ST1300. do you have anything?

Thanks,

Todd

tconstan@mun.ca

Bike
2006 ST1300
Glad to hear everyone is having success with installation. For now I have a few sets of chrome bars left and down to one set of powder coated.
I'd like to get a set of the chrome bars, or added to the list for the next round. I would pm ( as requested ) however since I am a newbie ( Just bought my 1st ST1300 ) and have yet to post anything I can't pm anyone. ( or I am just ignorant and can't find where to pm someone )

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
I have everything in stock now, send me a pm. However I only ship in US, but for sales outside US also sell on ebay.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Looks like usps upped the shipping on medium box to $15.05, so new shipping amount will be $15. Shipping for adapters only still $8.

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
END OF THE ROAD... I just got the new quote from the cnc shop, and I just can't see doing another batch at that price, it's a 50% increase. Another small price increase on the main bolts kind of puts these past where I would buy them. They're all claiming materials price increase but I think it is a bit of a mix ;-). I have contemplated this every time I order a new batch, but this pushed me off the fence. Anyway guys, it's been nice. I see that the market has supplied some interesting alternatives that even I would consider, so I'm going to call it a day and sell the last three sets I have on ebay. Thanks to everyone who bought, I see a lot of these on the road and every time I see a bike for sale I'm like - hey, that one's got a pair of mine...

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
END OF THE ROAD... I just got the new quote from the cnc shop, and I just can't see doing another batch at that price, it's a 50% increase.
Totally get ya, RDC. I'm glad I got mine last year when I did, and I thank your for your adapters as well as the referral to Jeff and his GoldWing take-off bars.

Bike
st1300
Re: Available now Gold Wing Crash Bar to ST1300 Adapter Plates and Hardware $48 + shi

Hey Brian, give me a holler if you're in the area, I work from home so I'm around a lot, we can compare st's and shoot the sh*t. I bought my ST in La Quinta, up the road from you. Sent you my # by pm. Martin.
like to get set of adapters

Bike
st1300
Re: Available now Gold Wing Crash Bar to ST1300 Adapter Plates and Hardware $48 + shi

Well, the Honda engine guard under the tip-over wing built into the fairing serves this purpose first and foremost. The add-on GL800 bars are additional protection behind the leg so they do protect the saddlebag as well as offering more leg protection. An ST1300 dropped on it's side at a stop or at low speed will not crush a leg/ankle or hit the bag or mirror with just the stock engine guards. The rear bars are just more of it.

Bike
st1300

Well, the Honda engine guard under the tip-over wing built into the fairing serves this purpose first and foremost. The add-on GL800 bars are additional protection behind the leg so they do protect the saddlebag as well as offering more leg protection. An ST1300 dropped on it's side at a stop or at low speed will not crush a leg/ankle or hit the bag or mirror with just the stock engine guards. The rear bars are just more of it.

one holeto mount
did you drill one hole to mount bars

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
did you drill one hole to mount bars
No holes were drilled. The GL1800 bars almost line up with the bolts in the step plates. The ends of the “U” have to be pulled slightly together to line up exactly. One or both holes in the bar might have to be slightly enlarged to allow the bolt through the hole.

No holes were drilled. The GL1800 bars almost line up with the bolts in the step plates. The ends of the “U” have to be pulled slightly together to line up exactly. One or both holes in the bar might have to be slightly enlarged to allow the bolt through the hole.
Hi, I have enlarged the holes. I got some M-10 X 125 x 50 mm bolts. I squeeze the ends of the U together, but there is a piece of the crash bar that gets in the way. Do we need to grind that off?
Thanks!

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hi, I have enlarged the holes. I got some M-10 X 125 x 50 mm bolts. I squeeze the ends of the U together, but there is a piece of the crash bar that gets in the way. Do we need to grind that off?
Thanks!
I did not have any obstructions. Can you post a picture of the bars you are working with?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Do we need to grind that off?
Yes. The tabs where the smaller diameter holes are located must be cut off so that you are left with only the four (two per crash bar) large diameter holes for mounting.
Have a look at this post for pictures of what they will look like once the tabs have been cut off.
There are many other pictures and instructions in that thread that will help you.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Mine did not have the S shaped part. I guess there were differences in bars between years of the Goldwing or between the Goldwing and the F6B. It's not actually in the way of a socket or wrench is it? If it is you must cut or grind it off.

IMG_8818(1).jpg

Top Bottom