H4 LED - 2018 Evitek, F2 replaces G6

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Since the F2's were out of stock at the time I wanted to order, I picked up a set of these. Looked like some that another member picked up. I'll let ya know how they work. If anyone has any info good or bad about these, let me know. No great loss if I messed up getting these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07917YDJ1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like them too but I'm wondering about the heat on the rubber boots.
Please reach down and feel how hot they are on the rubber boot. Is it okay?

Bike
2008 ST1300
Just received these details from cindy.
No idea if Philips is better than free, bit a bit cheaper.

http ://m.evitekelectronic.com/sale-10354403-60w-8000lm-t8-philips-latest-led-headlights-6500k-led-car-light.html?
Hello Howard,

Good day!

The F2 is used the Cree led chips and high lumen of 5000lm per lamp while T8 led headlight is philips led chips and 4000lm per lamp.

Their price is different. Here is it.

1. F2: USD 29/set for H4

2. T8: USD 20/set for H4

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
They are both very good lights. the T8 and the F2.

T8 25 watts, 175 mills, 4000lm > less focus, taller beam. power converter in the heat sink, no module in the cable. light pattern is close to the original halogen bulb......
F2 30 watts, 090 mills, 5000lm > more focus, thinner beam. power converter in the cable. Light pattern same as original halogen bulb.

Both H4 bulbs create a DOT compliant beam pattern, but fail because they use half the power, and produce more light....... they are the same or slightly better than HIDs.....

If you read the DOT specification for the H4 halogen bulb, it is a manufacturing spec that insures that bulbs produced by different manufactures are identical in every way...

A new DOT spec needs to be written and the F2 LED should be the mold around which it should be made. The tolerances should allow that the T8 should be acceptable. I hope we do not have to wait 21 years like we did for the H4 to become the 9003....

EA6BMECH: the bulb you got is the S1 which is a fanless version of the T8 but 22 watts. So you should be ok because the ST gets a lot of air flow behind the bulb, as long as you are moving...... Let us know how it works out for you..

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300A
Still awaiting mine. She told me they'd been shipped already (I'd inquired about shipping status on the 16th of March; quoted $29 USD product, $9 shipping, $1.52 Paypal on 6th Mar, ordered 7th.). She further stated she didn't send the "colorful" box due to cost of shipping being exceeded :confused:.
Received today (I'd already opened the package. The item's cardboard container was somewhat creased, but no immediately visible rents or damage).

Packaging:
20180404_170216_Crop (2).jpg20180404_170210_Crop (2).jpg

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Received today (I'd already opened the package. The item's cardboard container was somewhat creased, but no immediately visible rents or damage).

Packaging:
20180404_170216_Crop (2).jpg20180404_170210_Crop (2).jpg
What pathetic packaging. My Eviteks came in a proper box and with the usual Amazon packaging.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
What pathetic packaging. My Eviteks came in a proper box and with the usual Amazon packaging.
True. But I guaranty yours came to your country from China in the same package as pictured above, then into your package in your country to be mailed to you. That's our economy nowadays.

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
Thanks for all the "foot work" you all done to provide info on the light!! :D Here's a question, and I hope I haven't already asked it. Most of us will probable cut the tabs off to insert the light, so the questions is, if you use the adapter on the bulbs, will it cause a different focal point of the bulb in the housing?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Yes it will change the focal point but how much you will notice it is debatable and dependent on how hard you look for the difference.
Your avitar states that you have an ST1300. You do not need the adapter rings for the ST1300- they are only required on the ST1100.

Bike
'06 ST1300
One of the original Philips high beams failed so I went with Cindy Z's solution. She responded immediately, asked a couple of questions and processed the invoice quite quickly. Got tracking status once the package hit NY.

Had local Honda dealer install them. Am really happy with the wonderful customer service and the new lamps. Count me as another happy Evitec F2 customer.

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
Well I got mine in yesterday. Went out to install the first one and that's when the *** hits you. I know I have to break of the 2 tabs, but then I realized with the style I have, I can't fasten it in. Only way to hold it in there is to fit it into the boot, and it doesn't seem to be the fit I hoped. So am I suppose to fit it in there be best I can? and someone had mentioned about tweaking the light to get it in the right position as to give it the best focal point? I won't be able to do any of that until tonight. I'll go back and read the post, but I know someone has the same ones I have, but I don't remember anything being discussed about the install.

I see the acronym is not allowed for "Wow That's Funny". But anyhoo, the Village I-D-10-T figured out that you have to undo the tab from the light, lock it into place, put the boot on, then slide the light in and twist and lock. Ok..... dilly dilly!!!

Here are a few pics. The Aux lights (as I call the small ones) are from Diode Dynamics, the H-4's are the ones I posted a link to earlier. I'll have to take the bike out tonight and see what adjusting I'll need to do. Plugs had a gap when I connected them, so I taped up the gap and zip tied them up.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
'13 FLTRX, '08 FXDL
I like them too but I'm wondering about the heat on the rubber boots.
Please reach down and feel how hot they are on the rubber boot. Is it okay?
I opted for the JDM branded: https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Gen...2+led+h4&psc=1

Any heat coming out of them is undetectable by me after 10-15 minutes of idling in the garage (heated) or outside in 50 degree weather. Only gripe I do have is the amount of light that bleeds through the fans. It is not quite distracting but it does light up the cavity behind them a bit too much.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Only gripe I do have is the amount of light that bleeds through the fans. It is not quite distracting but it does light up the cavity behind them a bit too much.
You forgot to use the rubber boots..... I know because mine have been missing for years,,,,,,

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Looks like they now have a new bulb. The M1 which has the focus of the F2. It is made like the T8. These bulbs have the power converter built into the heatsink. So there is no PS box in the cable like the F2.
The fan is replaceable.... better end cap. slightly lower power. more choices.......

Bike
2008 ST1300A
Looks like they now have a new bulb. The M1 which has the focus of the F2. It is made like the T8. These bulbs have the power converter built into the heatsink. So there is no PS box in the cable like the F2.
The fan is replaceable.... better end cap. slightly lower power. more choices.......
And of course I discover this four days after installing the F2's and literally ten minutes before I work up the courage to start removing parts to stuff the power bricks somewhere :soapbox:p::p::eek::
Edit: appears the F2 have the edge in lumens; 6000 per bulb vs. 10000 per set.

Last edited:

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Where do you find these? I googled it and searched on eBay, either $125 and no match or $43 and less of a match.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Too new and has not yet hit our shores... These are no better than the F2, just different packaging. There will be something else tomorrow....
Be happy with the F2's there is nothing better yet.

To find them go to the first posting in this thread and the first link is Cindy's direct web site you can find it there.
I will continue to update the first page as I find other links so that you and others can find them.

Bike
'13 FLTRX, '08 FXDL
You forgot to use the rubber boots..... I know because mine have been missing for years,,,,,,
No, not at all. Rubber boots are in place. The light comes through the fans.

Both cowls are removed in the pictures and no flash. Without the cowls, I'll admit it doesn't seem like much light. With them on, there's a glow that wasn't there before. Like I said, it isn't distracting, just an annoyance.

Garage lights on + headlights
IMG_20180413_205235709.jpg

No garage lights on, just headlights
IMG_20180413_205308715.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom