H4 LED - 2018 Evitek, F2 replaces G6

Bike
STX 1300
STOC #
1268 G
I have used PayPal for my LED's with Cindy......12 days later they have arrived in Bremen - Germany.
No problem at all !! Great light on my ST1300

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Looks like it to me.

Here's spidey's link but Amazon is not cooperating with me. Cindy is associated with allibaba and spidey said the bulb would be sold under different brands.

This pic is from the amazon link:

Last edited:
Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Ordered 2 H4's from Ali Express. I will returen the one I bought from ebay. One set for my motorhome Hella ecode conversion and 1 for the ST1100.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
do not send pay pal information. Send her your shipping address and how many of each you want, she will send you an excel invoice.
Ok sent Cindy an email with the above info and she replied requesting my 'tracking number' so she can send an invoice.

I checked the email I sent for the G6s way back when and the only info I sent was the above. No tracking number or account info sent.

I have no clue.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I got my invoice from Cindy last night and was about to order.

$58 2 sets
$23 shipping
$3.24 PayPal fee

Looks like I'd save $4.24

Cindy needs a new pair of Jimmy Choos.

And it looks like somebody already scored a pair of jimichu's.

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300A
Still awaiting mine. She told me they'd been shipped already (I'd inquired about shipping status on the 16th of March; quoted $29 USD product, $9 shipping, $1.52 Paypal on 6th Mar, ordered 7th.). She further stated she didn't send the "colorful" box due to cost of shipping being exceeded :confused:.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
LOL I wonder if there's some dice involved in determining shipping.

Though I imagine the lack of the retail box could get you just under the mark to save you $3.

I hope Cindy sends me a pic of her new Jimmy Cs!

Bike
STX 1300
STOC #
1268 G
Still awaiting mine. She told me they'd been shipped already (I'd inquired about shipping status on the 16th of March; quoted $29 USD product, $9 shipping, $1.52 Paypal on 6th Mar, ordered 7th.). She further stated she didn't send the "colorful" box due to cost of shipping being exceeded :confused:.
Same with me.....as I said, 12 days later..... I'm happy

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
FWIW, I started my order process on Feb 28, and finally received mine on March 22.
You fared better than me. I payed via paypal on Feb 27th and heard nothing back. I inquired on March 8th asking for tracking information and Cindy replied that she had shipped my order on March 6th and provided a tracking number. However, the tracking number actually showed that the shipping order was created on March 8th (she lied). The tracking information now shows that my order is in Houston so, hopefully, I will get it soon.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Similar to me.....look at my previous post. :confused:

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
I recieved mine today.

Ordered / paid Feb 2 via paypal.
Emailed Cindy again on Feb 28 ish, packaged shipped and was returned (yes all the way back to China), they addressed it to only my city and state.
Item was reshipped on March 3rd and landed in Chicago on the 21st.
Hit my door step today.

Can't wait to fit them, but I would probably pay $20 more to get them from amazon in 2 days.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Spent some time on electrics today. Blue Star got a new headlight adjusting motor. And, I installed the F2s,,, and some SuperBrite led position bulbs as well. My forks are removed for rebuild, and I pulled the side fairings off for easier access. Each step offered some unexpected challenges.

In removing the old position bulbs,, the right one popped out and dropped down into the main beams reflector. I read somewhere that this can happen,,, but there was really no way to prevent it. An hours work with a pipecleaner and some doublesided tape was needed to fish the bulb back out. The new SuperBrite's did not work at first,, until I discovered that if you fully seat them in their sockets,,, contact is not made. Pull them out a bit,,, and away they go. But I am wary to push the bulbs back into the main housing in that state,,, given what happened to the original bulb dropping out. Will have to think about this for a bit. The way the socket is designed,,, pushing the bulb/socket in, or pulling it out, causes the bulb to want to squirt free.

Getting the new headlight motor installed was harder than expected. I eventually pulled the dash out, and got everything lined up. It seems to function properly,, but I won't be able to check the aim till my forks are re-installed.

Now we get to the F2s. Installing was pretty straight forward,, much as discussed here. But the rubber boots are pretty snug,,, and may be somewhat restrictive of the airflow through the heat sink. It also took a firm push to get the body pushed into place, and locked by the ball detent. I hope that heat and vibration does not cause the body to slide back out should the detent be overcome. I did not have to modify the bail or the boot. Only trim the 2 lower tabs with a pair of side cutters. Well,,, they are bright,, to say the least. And my SDC modulator has them flashing,,, rather than pulsing. I ran an F2 on one side,,, against the 60/100 H4 on the other,,, and the difference between flashing and pulsing was quite evident. But so far, so good. Here is a photo from the back side. Cat'

20180330_221350.jpg

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
GadgetGuy1230 said:
Can't wait to fit them, but I would probably pay $20 more to get them from amazon in 2 days.
I had considered doing that but by the time I got round to it Amazon was OOS. My G6s took about two weeks and arrived without incident.

Catmandu2 said:
the right one popped out and dropped down into the main beams reflector. I read somewhere that this can happen
Exact same thing happened to me. Took a lot less (?) time to get sorted though.

if you fully seat them in their sockets,,, contact is not made. Pull them out a bit,,, and away they go.
Ditto.

But I am wary to push the bulbs back into the main housing in that state,,, given what happened to the original bulb dropping out... The way the socket is designed,,, pushing the bulb/socket in, or pulling it out, causes the bulb to want to squirt free.
I feel your pain. I was able to put the bulbs and sockets back it successfully the first time by trying to push on the edges of the sockets and not the middle. That's what squirts the bulb out. One thing I wish I'd done is use a bit of silicone grease (carefully applied) around the sockets so they slip in and possibly are removed more easily down the road.

Removing the second position light went slower as I rocked the socket slowly out of the shell not wanting a repeat of Go Fish.

And my SDC modulator has them flashing,,, rather than pulsing.
That would/will be fine by me. :grin: I much prefer that over the legal modulation of the beams.

My G6s will probably end up in my ST buddy's bike as did my 55/60W H4s. He rides at night every day of PST and appreciated the bump in lumens. Wait'll he gets a load of the Eviteks. To the point— I'll install one and then take a pic of LED vs Halogen. The difference in color temp is astounding.

The G6s are 6500ºK while the F2s are supposed to be 6000ºK and I hope they'll look a little less blue (not that the G6s are all that blue).

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Exact same thing happened to me. Took a lot less (?) time to get sorted though
Had to drive out too buy pipe cleaners and sticky tape.

One thing I wish I'd done is use a bit of silicone grease (carefully applied) around the sockets so they slip in and possibly are removed more easily down the road.
Yes,,, same thought occurred to me. I have some electrolitic grease to apply to the taper section of the socket.

That would/will be fine by me. I much prefer that over the legal modulation of the beams.
I am going to start out using my SDC. One thing I have always prefered about it, over other brands, is that it was effective on both high and low beams. Kisans unit looks good,, and only operates on high beam. It is pricey too, but effectiveness is the over riding concern. At some future point,,, I can always return the SDC to my CB1000c (which I stole it from),,, and test out the Kisan. It may prove adequate in operation when now paired with the F2's. Cat'

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These look good, but no reviews yet. It appears that they plug in with a cord instead of directly. I assume this makes it easier, but I'd love to get some feedback after you install them.

Top Bottom