Harley's Electric bike

Bike
VStrom 650
Now only if we could change global warming to the next ice age......
I'm off to stock up on leaf blowers, and presumably if they're blower/suckers you could go in reverse.
Now where did this thread start :rolleyes: ?
Upt'North.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The artist Tom Fritz is a very good friend of mine. I have used a thumb nail of one of his awesome paintings "riding the comets tail" as my avatar for years.
It was painted for HD, but I loved the way motion is shown by the streaks of light.....

Here is a link to his FB page showing the bigger picture.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217826891617983&set=a.1279521402142&type=3&theater

note on the above face book page you can scroll through his paintings using the arrow on the right.....

However HD just made a video on their new e-bike making his art come to life...

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oue5/harley-davidson-electric-livewire-night-ride-song-by-the-struts?fbclid=IwAR1_HuygiX2LWQ6y1kKq67tU9rmY8dTQh936KZRO4ekYSO4_aXLIdMvt6Jg

Now you know the rest of the story....

Last edited:
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I just can't wait for all the aftermarket exhaust companies trying to make it sound like a Harley.

Maybe speakers instead of an exaust system ?
Reminds me: when I was young, I had a Mattel bicycle with a chrome frame, hi-rise handlebars, banana seat, and a battery-powered "engine" that made sound.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Larry Fine said:
when I was young, I had a Mattel bicycle with a chrome frame, hi-rise handlebars, banana seat, and a battery-powered "engine" that made sound.
That was probably the Mattel V-RROOM. A lot of kids in the neighborhood had one and the noise drove me nuts. I'm sure the parents said 'go ride down the street'. I wanted to give them drum sets for revenge.

Bike
2007 ST1300 "Silby"
STOC #
There will be infernal combustion engines for a long time to come. Probably as collector vehicles with a maximum number of miles per year permitted. An easier way of restricting them will be to limit the production of gasoline, which will happen as battery capacity and thus range increase for EV's. As demand for gas decreases, the refineries will produce less of it. Many petroleum products will go the way of coal (and buggy whips) as time goes on.
Hopefully I won’t be around for that!

Bike
2010 Goldwing trike
I think that soon in the future, we'll see some hybrid motorcycles. I think then the idea of electric will be more viable. As far as the loud pipes, we can always install a playing card on the front spokes like we did when we were kids :)

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
They could solve the range and noise "issue" by equipping it with a tail rack that would hold a Honda generator. Of course you would have to take the muffler off the generator. Can't wait to see this.:)

Could go the Domino's route for noise.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Now if the Domino's Domino's Domino's Domino's was put to the Willam Tell Overture then they'd really have something especially on the white scooter.

I'd do a DIY 'safety sound' system to include a big rat motor a hi-revving 250 6-cyl an F-4 Phantom and maybe an A-10's Avenger to name a few. Loud sound effects save lives.

Bike
2007 ST1300 "Silby"
STOC #
They could solve the range and noise "issue" by equipping it with a tail rack that would hold a Honda generator. Of course you would have to take the muffler off the generator. Can't wait to see this.:)

Could go the Domino's route for noise.
Now that’s funny! :rofl1:

Top Bottom