Has anyone here on the forum caught the Coronavirus yet?

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Well, my daughter had to return early from France 9 days ago. The health authority tested her on Wednesday night, and now we’re just waiting for the results.

Not positive, but not negative .....

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
The health authority tested her on Wednesday night, and now we’re just waiting for the results.
The test results are very slow in coming in Ontario - almost a week the last time I checked.

In Korea & perhaps other Asian countries were they have lots of experience at this sort of thing, you don't get to leave the test site until the results are known and they (& you) can decide what happens next. Test results are known in a few hours.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I sat beside a guy from Mar 1 to Mar 13 that tested positive on Mar 18. My boss sent me home for self isolation for 14 days and then asked me to come back on Mar 21 if I shows no signs of the CV 19.
Good news as I had no signs and went back to work on Mar 23.
So far so good as I still have no signs of the virus.
Heard the guy with it is recovering.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
I sat beside a guy from Mar 1 to Mar 13 that tested positive on Mar 18. My boss sent me home for self isolation for 14 days and then asked me to come back on Mar 21 if I shows no signs of the CV 19.
Thank God you 'weathered' the storm and are OK.
Please remain safe and follow the CDC guidelines.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles

Your boss was foolish to ask you to come back before the 14 days was up. Glad things seem to be going ok.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Question is, if a person is sick but has no symptoms like cough, can it spread just by talking or birthing.
Yes. The data from the ongoing fight against the disease in China and Italy has revealed that up to 60% of confirmed cases do not have symptoms or have very mild symptoms. They are still contagious, however, and this leads to a higher infection rate because people are used to going about their daily routine if they feel okay. Data from China also indicates that even people who develop symptoms may actually be most infectious before the symptoms show. This all leads to the importance of these social distancing practices. Outwardly healthy people can easily spread Covid-19 to many more people, some of whom will not be lucky enough to stay healthy.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I recall reading that the average contagious person will infect two others. Simply because you are in the room w/ someone who has the virus (and is throwing off virus particles) doesn't mean you will come down with it. For an infection to spread, one has to ingest enough of the virus (or bacteria) - for it to get a foothold in your body. One bug doesn't do it, neither does a few unless your immune system is compromised. How many? Nobody knows, and you cannot even see the virus w/ a very powerful microscope. A famous example: our pres was in the same room w/ Brazil's communications secretary, and the latter tested positive.

This doesn't mean you should ignore social distancing or self quarantining. It does mean you should not panic because you discover you were near someone who has the disease.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Being raised a true Tennessee Hillbilly, I did not experience the joy of indoor plumbing in our house until I was in the first grade (we moved to a city farm).
You ain't lived until you've taken a bath in grey water in a number 5 washtub with lye soap! :biggrin:
Granny had a washing machine in the back yard too.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Can be that he got sick after mar 13? Was he coughing? Question is, if a person is sick but has no symptoms like cough, can it spread just by talking or birthing.
On the morning of March 13, I seen him before we started our shift, I told him he looked sick and go home and I'll look after all his tasks for that day, he declined and pulled out his new puffer and said he went to the doctor yesterday and he was told he had bronchitis.
I told our safety rep about this and he was sent home.
Mar 18 or that's when I found out that he tested positive.
Also, not getting any updates on him other than he was recovering from home. Now today I heard, we have had the first death out of the hospital in our province.
They will not release any names of the people that have died from CV-19.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
It was one of those finger eaters that I was not allowed around. It wasn't all primitive though even if the house was boards and batts. The bathtub was in the back of the house and it was nice and galvanized. She had running water to the front yard so the drinking water was a wooden pail with a dipper. She did have an electric stove, but preferred the old wood stove. She cooked some good chow on that old stove. The preacher lived at the other end of the block and would walk up and tell her that one of her kids was trying to get in touch and would call back in a few minutes so she needed to come to his house and wait.

She was a feisty lady and had been know to shoot at cars that drove by too slow after dark.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
It was one of those finger eaters that I was not allowed around.
She was a feisty lady and had been know to shoot at cars that drove by too slow after dark.
Yep - They could break an arm if they pulled it in.
My mom (when we lived out in the hills) used to sit on the living room couch, prop open the screen door and shoot spring lizards off the front steps with a .22 rifle for 'practice'. :biggrin:

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
And I bet it was one of them old 'wringer' models that would jerk your arm into the wringers if you weren't careful!
Or was it just a plain old washboard?
My little sister, when we were kids, got her hand caught in the wringer and my Aunt had a large patch of her scalp removed when her long hair got caught in one. These things were really dangerous. My grandmother would feed the clothes into it using a stick - she also learned the hard way to stay away from it.

My Grandma was a crack shot and would hunt deer and bear and held the record for a black bear in Washington State back in the 50's. She and my Grandad had a large garden and she would keep a BB Gun behind the kitchen door and if any unwanted cats or other varmints got in her garden there was hell to pay!!

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I woke up last week with a sore throat and a dry cough!! That got my attention even though I had no known exposure! Fortunately, it only lasted for about 24 hours but here is the kicker......I wasn't tested and there is still no mechanism in place to get tested yet. I may well be one of those that is in fact positive but had mild signs. I am literally on voluntary lock down now and will remain so for another week at least and even then will be extremely cautious about exposing others. I wonder how many there are like me? May or may not be positive, and may never know unless universal testing becomes available. Was it just a mild "cold", or due to very dry air that we have? Not sure.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I woke up last week with a sore throat and a dry cough!! That got my attention even though I had no known exposure! Fortunately, it only lasted for about 24 hours but here is the kicker......I wasn't tested and there is still no mechanism in place to get tested yet. I may well be one of those that is in fact positive but had mild signs. I am literally on voluntary lock down now and will remain so for another week at least and even then will be extremely cautious about exposing others. I wonder how many there are like me? May or may not be positive, and may never know unless universal testing becomes available. Was it just a mild "cold", or due to very dry air that we have? Not sure.
My guess... thousands!

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
A "friend" called me yesterday and said that they were closing down the liquor stores:eek1:
Turns out he was just playing an early April Fools joke. Not funny!!!

Top Bottom