Heated Grips - Advice?

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
@Shuey I have the Oxfords on mine. I don't recall the size off the top of my head and my photos are all on the hard drive at home. I'll check tonight.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Another satisfied Koso grip owner here. Simplest installation possible. Two wires. Plug them into one of the quartet harness leads and you're all set using the same connector intended for the OEM heated grips.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
08T71-MGS-A30

This Honda kit is listed for NC700 but will fit the ST. I bought this kit and installed on my 05 ST. Pricey but Honda plug and play.

Last item on my list of upgrades for my 2007 ST1300 . . . Heated Grips.

The bike has BMW Sports Grips which are comfortable and durable. Not sure they're best suited for heat transfer though . . . lots of ridges and valleys.
BMW Sports Grips.jpg

When I started riding I didn't think I'd ever need heated grips until . . . I had them! Thanks dduelin for the insight!

So, any recommendations?

Shuey
I put on Oxford grips... Diamond pattern. A bit short, but I added spacers. I like the fit and feel better than the longer "touring" grips, which I had on my older st13

Last edited:
Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Oxford for me. On the old ST1300 and a pair sitting on a garage shelf waiting to be fitted to the new ST1300.

Had an eBay kit on the CB1300, not as good as Oxford.

Also had a cheaper eBay kit on the XT600. Did I say cheap, three settings - Hi / Low / Off. Pretty good though, the heated grips combined with the Hippo Hands, I coulda baked scones.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've ordered . . . the Koso Apollo heated grips. I was swayed by the control switch being integrated with the grip.
I was quite taken by the Koso grips when I was touring in April 2019 and had stopped at a shop to buy chain lube. The Honda grip heaters on my Africa Twin had stopped working only days before and my hands were frozen even in my winter gloves. I don't know if the design has improved since then but the integrated switch at the time was quite fiddly. They sure as heck got toasty though.

I bought the Oxford grips after that. I find it rather ironic that I had to buy the "Touring" grips to fit the AT, but the "Adventure" grips to fit the 1300! And, for what it's worth, I wrote to Oxford earlier this week to strongly encourage them to redesign their heated grips with a lock-on method of attachment, like all good mountain bike handlebar grips have had for years. This superglue business is messy, risky and anachronistic.

Last edited:
I was quite taken by the Koso grips when I was touring in April 2019 and had stopped at a shop to buy chain lube. The Honda grip heaters on my Africa Twin had stopped working the week before and my hands were frozen even in my winter gloves. I don't know if the design has improved since then but the integrated switch at the time was quite fiddly. They sure as heck got toasty though.

I bought the Oxford grips after that. I find it rather ironic that I had to buy the "Touring" grips to fit the AT, but the "Adventure" grips to fit the 1300! And, for what it's worth, I wrote to Oxford earlier this week to strongly encourage them to redesign their heated grips with a lock-on method of attachment, like all good mountain bike handlebar grips have had for years. This superglue business is messy, risky and anachronistic.
"anachronistic"

That's a big word I don't hear much.

My left grip keeps slipping and I've tried different glues... Maybe I'll drill a hole and put in a screw... lol (jk).

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Has anyone had exoerience with removable heated grips ? Ie; Koso X-claws or Bikemaster? Any input would appreciated

Top Bottom