Helmet cam v. bike mounted cam

Bike
2007 ST1300
This is an interesting subject that begs the question.... Can deaf people obtain a driver's license? Would the license be restricted in some way?
I don't know about anywhere else but in Florida deaf people can get a driver's license. I work with a deaf guy and I asked him this. His license is not restricted but it does have a mark on it which lets police or EMTs know that he is deaf. He also has a sticker on his driver's side window that says the driver is deaf. He has a dry erase board in his car to communicate when he needs to. He also carries a pocket note pad and pen everywhere.
Interestingly (to me at least), he drives a beautiful old El Camino that sounds incredible when he hits the gas. I asked him why he would pay for something like that when he can't hear it and he told me he can feel it, and that it turns heads.
His wife is also deaf which led me to ask what arguments are like. He said there is a lot of hand waving but he doesn't dare turn his back because he can't hear her coming up behind him with a frying pan! :rofl1:

Here is the thing you put the camera on your helmet. did you turn it on? maybe you did. will the battery last? who knows? did you turn it off later maybe?
The reality is if you want it for accident evidence a battery powered camera is rather pointless too many what if.
A installed system is better if you it has a screen so you can see it is recording because they are powered. A vsysto does but it can be unplugged
so im not sure how secure the screen it.
I use a crosstour 4k action camera in a sj4000 powered case about £80 total. i have it mounted on the left mirror cover using a quick mount designed for dslr cameras very small very strong. i remove it when i park. Action cameras wired are a good option. Most camera systems even ones claiming otherwise are not the resolution stated and are usually poor quality. if using a action camera you want the shortest mount possible to reduce vibration. a more expensive gopro will have much smoother video.The 4k allows you to set the screen to always on. plugged into a switched live it starts and stops with the ignition but remember to set it on clip length 1 minute as longer seems to stop the footage looping when it runs out of space

Top Bottom