hot bike

As for the ankle heat. I read a post where someone found that the muffler clamp was loose and exhaust gasses were blowing onto his ankle. Once tightened ankle heat gone!

As for the ankle heat. I read a post where someone found that the muffler clamp was loose and exhaust gasses were blowing onto his ankle. Once tightened ankle heat gone!
I hope that's not the reason in my case as I recently removed the mufflers and gaskets for a tyre change.

However, since I've only had the bike for 4 months, I have nothing to compare it with in summer. I am fairly confident that's not the reason as the aluminium frame is very hot to the touch as was mentioned in the article referred to in this thread.

Paul

OP
OP
Moses2
Bike
2013 Honda ST1300 PA
I hope that's not the reason in my case as I recently removed the mufflers and gaskets for a tyre change.

However, since I've only had the bike for 4 months, I have nothing to compare it with in summer. I am fairly confident that's not the reason as the aluminium frame is very hot to the touch as was mentioned in the article referred to in this thread.

Paul
While preparing for a TB balance, I found a suspicious item for heat on the left side of the bike.

Paul
I found a suspicious condition while getting ready to do a TB balance that may have something to do with heat. The disconnected line should connect to #1 TB.

Attachments

I found a suspicious condition while getting ready to do a TB balance that may have something to do with heat. The disconnected line should connect to #1 TB
I've dug out my thermometer for measuring temperature on metals. So tomorrow I intend to ride for about 30 minutes and measure the temperature at various points on the bike. Will report back.

Paul

While preparing for a TB balance, I found a suspicious item for heat on the left side of the bike.
Moses2, I took my bike to the Honda dealer yesterday to have the throttle cables replaced. At the same time I asked them to check for any leaks from the exhaust system.

When I went to collect the bike, dealer said no leaks from exhaust system and that this model just runs very hot.

For your information, I removed the side "maintenance lids" where I have the fairing deflector. I was shocked at the extra heat on my legs- quite unbearable! May reduce the temperature on the aluminum panels but my legs are more important!

Paul

Top Bottom