I think I need a new transmission on my 2009 st1300 i just bought...

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Where do you usually get parts for your bikes? Any recommendations are appreciated.
Do you means for the ST1300 ?

Fowlers and David Silver Spares.

Fowlers Parts | Genuine Motorcycle Parts & Spares

Honda have got the prices in the UK in line - pointless shopping around, as everyone has to sell Honda parts at the same price. Fowlers are a major importer, and if they don't have stuff in stock, the call on a warehouse in Europe. But usually their website is up to date with what's available. Their delivery is very rapid too.

Apart from that - David Silver Spares David Silver Spares - Parts For Honda Motorcycles - HOME - sometimes have stuff in that no-one else has, and they have access to the correct part numbers from your VIN. They were able to tell me that there was a change in radiator design part way through the run and mine needed the later one. (That is an A9 too). That sounded expensive, but turned out to be £100 cheaper.

Delivery is OK, but not as rapid as Fowlers in my experience. Or if you have a local Honda dealer they may be able to get what you want rairly quickly and becasue they get deliveries every day, they don't usually charge you for delivery. But dealers us Fowlers too.

Washington State Patrol, and I have known several police officers that road STs. They were rode hard, especially on the clutch, they were used on slow speed cornering heavily. Also lots of slow speed tip overs during operations, I cheated by running my fingers under pods and mufflers.
The two common things men BS about is how good they are in motor vehicles and sex
I have rebuilt the slave cylinder and replaced the bushing in the clutch lever, they are both fairly straight forward.
But the one thing that ran through all of my discussions with them was the maintenance was top notch. If you take good care of your ride it takes good care of you. Luck to you. Lots of good advice on this forum.

I wasn't buying the bike. I don't try to touch someone else's ride, especially when they are armed and wearing a uniform. LOL

Top Bottom