I'm an owner!

Welcome, I too just bought an st1300 in April and joined the ST owners a short time back. It has been a great resource.

Bike
CBR500R
My bike had the same screw fall out. I got the next size up bolt and re-tapped the hole. The two bolts have the same thread pitch so you don't have to drill the hole just work the tap gently and it will cut a nice new set of treads. Don't over tighten the bolt with power tools just nice and snug by hand.

AJMeister

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Goldwing DCT
Welcome from Grand Valley, ON. I am not that far away from you in Hamilton and yes, I used to live in Hamilton too.

I ended up selling my ST1300 but still go to the STOC events because the members are great people to ride with. This year I rode down to OHSTOC and had a great time! I am looking forward to ONSTOC as well. I also learned a ton of things about the ST on this forum and everyone is very, very helpful.

Enjoy the ST1300 and maybe we'll see you at ONSTOC, eh?

OP
OP
JamieE
Bike
ST1300
Hey guys! Just wanted to close this of and give everyone a huge “Thank You” on this!

Tap kit (Imperial because I don’t read well)
6M-1 Tap
Shoulder bolt

I’ll admit I was nervous about doing this but after 3 beers I was good.
Also followed the tips from @SMSW and @maddog13 which were super helpful for someone who had no idea what a tap was prior to this!

Jamie

Last edited:
Top Bottom