MajorTom four weeks on

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Way to go Barry!!! So glad you are posting again. Keep us all in the loop as you progress.
Keep up the good work!
ToddC

PS. Told you there was a bunch on here cheering for ya......!!!

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Nice to see you up and posting, Barry. Keep that recovery going and keep us posted on your progress.

John

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Welcome back Major! :wave1:
You and your family continue to be in our prayers.
Igofar

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Ground Control to Major Tom,

Glad to hear that you are GO for re-entry! (Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Apollo 11 stuff lately!)

Very happy to hear of your continued recovery. I hope it continues to go well and you're able to join us at a future STOC event. I look forward to hoisting a beer or two with you sometime soon!

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
My bike is still in the insurance company's care and we've heard from the local dealer that they're estimating the repair to be around $6k. As the bike has 176,000 km I'm not sure the insurance company is going to be enthusiastic about repairing it. There's no rush for a decision on that as I'm not yet physically ready to ride. My driver's license has been recalled by the province as the accident included brain injury, so I'm going to have to take a drivers exam to get it back some months in the future. Until I'm physically ready for that I'm seeing the physiotherapist and massage therapist every week and doing their exercises every day.

Thanks everyone for your best wishes. Hopefully I'll be back on two wheels next summer.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Thanks for posting Barry!! We are always thinking of you!!!! There are lots of nice blue STs for sale....with much lower miles. Get better first, then go bike shopping. Just remember.......black is the fastest..!!!:nanner1:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Really good to see you are improving!
I suspect you are correct: the insurance company will probably refuse to repair.
And as your recovery isn't complete it's good to hear you have time to straighten it out, after you get your license back!

Good PT!
Mark

Bike
2000 ST1100
Major Tom, You are a mountain of a man. A man that takes a licking and keeps on ticking:). Glad your out come was good and the fact that after all you went through you can't wait to get back on too wheels is amazing! That is just the way I would want it too. Please keep us posted.

Bike
2009 ST1300
Good luck on your recovery Major.
My story? Well, I was driving down a 45mph street and was slowing as others in front of me were when an SUV rear-ended me. Ignoring all but my beloved 2009 ST1300, has anyone else had their ST rear-ended so that I know what to expect with regard to unseen damages? E.g., does the frame, rear wheel rim, drive shaft, etc. usually get damaged? I assume the insurance adjuster will have it taken to a shop, but I still would like to know what to expect. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom