Mixing Oils.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Just out of interest, I have a small supply of Castrol 10/30 and 10/40 Power1 and if I mix them together in equal quantities - would I end up with 10/35?

OP
OP
Mr.E

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Cheer's Larry, I did think a little bit of logic might prevail on this occasion. ;)

She's been a **** getting into neutral around hot France last week and moving down to 10/30 was an improvement for a while... that stuff is close to water in consistency though.
So my thinking is going back up just a tad so I'll give it a bash on the next change...

Mine has been hard to find neutral when it is hot since it was new, nothing has changed in 125000 miles. I just find neutral while still rolling. I am using a synthetic oil which really only extends change intervals. Won't take trans apart for something that I consider an irritant.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Mine has been hard to find neutral when it is hot since it was new, nothing has changed in 125000 miles. I just find neutral while still rolling. I am using a synthetic oil which really only extends change intervals. Won't take trans apart for something that I consider an irritant.
Flush your clutch fluid out, and your shifting may improve.

Flushed and rebuilt clutch slave cylinder already. running 10/40 synthetic oil. Only than tearing into transmission will answer problem. I am dealing with it by shifting differently. Not a big deal.

Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
In another thread you are begging for no oil discussion and here you are. :rofl1:

Not a clutch problem. clutch engages at end of clutch travel and have been easily rotate rear wheel backwards in 1st and second on center stand, even with clutch partially released

Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
Cheer's Larry, I did think a little bit of logic might prevail on this occasion. ;)

She's been a **** getting into neutral around hot France last week and moving down to 10/30 was an improvement for a while... that stuff is close to water in consistency though.
So my thinking is going back up just a tad so I'll give it a bash on the next change...
Rotella T6, 15W-40. or 5W-40. No other grade of Rotella T6 because only those oils I listed meet JASO/JASO MA the other grades do not.

Doesn't matter what weight, what type oil it is a internal problem, already gone down rabbit hole. Still please please no more oil conversation

Bike
07 ST1300 ABS

Where in France? I do miss France, have good memories.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I notice that many people try to shift in to neautral once the motorcycle has come to a full stop. Every motorcycle that I have ever ridden has been more difficult to shift in to neutral when it is stationary. Not necessarily every time, but they all have to some degree, just depends on where the gears end up when it stops.

Shifting in to neutral when the motorcycle is still in motion is usually much easier. Even if the motorcycle is just barely moving. that is enough to make shifting in to neutral easy.

And no I am not crying or pitching fit screaming hissy fit, I am not offended or insulted in any fashion, it is to easy to do that when your not face to face. Besides it would not do any good to get pissy, so I won't waste the time going off at anybody here

Top Bottom