Mixing Oils.

Bike
2010 ST1300
ISome are regular and round, or at least symmetrical, while mine is a lumpy head.
Shaving my head has never been a desire of mine, not ever, and as bad as my hair looks now, I would look much worse as a baldster.
Look at it from another point of view, you are a phrenologist's dream.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
and as bad as my hair looks now, I would look much worse as a baldster.
I have been shaving the globe for about 15 years now, my barber died and his daughter took over but was really unreliable as far as opening hours were concerned. In frustration I bought a home barbering kit and Cherie would cut my hair out on the driveway, when it got too cold for that we did it inside once and it made such a mess that I went upstairs and cut the remainder off. It took a few days to get use to the startled guy looking back at me from the mirror. Now I can’t imagine it being any different. It just takes a little time to get use and then it becomes normal. My head is as imperfect as the rest of me.

Mine has been hard to find neutral when it is hot since it was new, nothing has changed in 125000 miles. I just find neutral while still rolling. I am using a synthetic oil which really only extends change intervals. Won't take trans apart for something that I consider an irritant.
try going to N from 2nd.... just a light touch down and Bob's your uncle!!

try going to N from 2nd.... just a light touch down and Bob's your uncle!!
Yes it is easier from second, got some advice from IGOFAR about relocating my shifter at the spline shaft which put the shifter at a more comfortable position. It put it lower so I am toeing it from second instead of having to lift my foot to high when downshifting.
The oil hasn't make a difference and it has done this from new.

mjc506

Matt
Bike
ST1300A2, CRF250L
Just leave it in third. Covers most speeds just fine.

chugchugchugchuguguguguggggvvvvvrrrorrrorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:rofl1:

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
If I remember, according to Auto tech school all SAE rated oils are Compatable chemicaly. Switching from one brand to another is not allowed to cause problems to your engine.
Talking about mixing oils at this stage of the thread seems to be off topic now.......however.....

Oils may be "chemically compatible", but the prudent way is to look at them as being "not chemically incompatible".

Which means that if you have to top up with a different brand or viscosity, it should not damage the engine. Much better than running low. But it would then be advisable not to stretch the oil change interval.

There is no way to know if your own recipe will perform as well as individual oils that have gone through extensive testing without putting this recipe through its own extensive testing as well.

And mixing the two oils mentioned by the OP and running the mix for 8000 miles without seizing the engine is not such a test!

I always thought that if I had to mix oils it was better than no oil. If we start in on whine you should have been around my kids when the lawn mower came out in the spring, they are grown up now..........Whoops wrong whine, thought it was a typo

Top Bottom