Motorcycle Larry ST1300 seat raising brackets

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I had a little sliding forward problem when I had my 08. Had the seat Spenserized and it was better on a ride from SWLA to Birmingham. The next morning I removed the two rubber stops on the rear of the seat pan. This allowed the seat to lower in the back a little and that made a world of difference. I continued on the NC. and rode all weekend in the Mountains then rode nonstop back to SWLA, and my butt was smiling at the end of the ride.:butt1:

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Is that on the rear of the passenger section?

There 2 metal loops under the front seat pan that you have to put into slots when mounting. I took the rubber stops off and got the seat lower in the rear of the seat pan. I don't have pics because I sold Big Red in the fall, but (no pun intended) I'm getting a brand new used ST in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of rear I'm gonna call TMI on that one! LOL
Sorry, graphic explanation of my feelings.:D

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I just aquired a set of these seat risers but have not tried it yet I have an RDL I will try it soon and report back.

STDaveNW

Dave
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
They don't change the angle of the seat..
Yes they do, I asked them to stop forward slid and they did. I have 34 inch inseam and have to tippy toe the RDL when I'm in the pocket.
I love it... my best investment. I never think about my butt at all even at 600 miles.

Bike
2006 ST
I just installed a set of these. So far great but then again I only rode about 30 mins after install

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366039700.314394.jpg
That is what I have on my 06 from the PO, I suspected that it was non-stock because the only position that you can lock the ears in is the lowest and in the highest I am constantly "Folding" the saddle down because the only thing that supports my 200# with gear is the front steel dowel and the rear two hoop things. I going to shim up the middle somehow to support the middle from the frame like it does in the lowest position.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
In another thread somebody mentioned the scrunch the stocker up a bit so that the rear of the rider portion drops down a "step". I've tried this and it's a little bit of a fight to get that done and get the front of the seat to catch the rails on the bike.

Could a set of seat risers be made to raise the front up and forward a little? This might allow the back (still talking about the rider's part) to drop down easily and minimize the gap between the tank and the front of the seat.

Probably wouldn't do much for people needing a taller seat but it should level the rider portion a little more than just the risers alone.

There are also non-skid tank pads that could help. Not that you'd clamp your knees on the tank the entire ride but when braking or headed down hill or cornering it's often an automatic action. Non-skid (NOT the deck kind, lol) could ease the effort.

Do the Honda tank pads help with that? They look more decorative and designed to prevent scratching of the tank.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
the only thing that supports my 200# with gear is the front steel dowel and the rear two hoop things.
All of our 1300 saddles are only supported on the front dowel and back hoops.
And I've been putting a lot more the 200#'s on it.

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
In another thread somebody mentioned the scrunch the stocker up a bit so that the rear of the rider portion drops down a "step". I've tried this and it's a little bit of a fight to get that done and get the front of the seat to catch the rails on the bike.

Could a set of seat risers be made to raise the front up and forward a little? This might allow the back (still talking about the rider's part) to drop down easily and minimize the gap between the tank and the front of the seat.

Probably wouldn't do much for people needing a taller seat but it should level the rider portion a little more than just the risers alone.

There are also non-skid tank pads that could help. Not that you'd clamp your knees on the tank the entire ride but when braking or headed down hill or cornering it's often an automatic action. Non-skid (NOT the deck kind, lol) could ease the effort.

Do the Honda tank pads help with that? They look more decorative and designed to prevent scratching of the tank.
Try the following: Put you seat adjuster in the center position. Pull out the tabs on the seat front left and right out to the side so the front side hooks will not hook. Then you should easily be able to set the back step in the lowest position. Make sure you have something to protect the tank from the seat tabs scratching the side of the tank. I use some of that clear protector tape.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
So I had some spare time today and tinkered with making a set out of 3/4 inch Delrin. A very rough draft. After I get the final shape I'm gonna take them to a machine shop and have them cut some out of aluminum.

I'll keep you posted if anybody is interested.

Bike
04 ST1300
So I had some spare time today and tinkered with making a set out of 3/4 inch Delrin. A very rough draft. After I get the final shape I'm gonna take them to a machine shop and have them cut some out of aluminum.

If I can flatten that seat a little to stop the forward slide. That will be a major accomplishment. Really dont wanna go the spencer or RDL route.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #

This is what I did. Started with MDF and then used UHD poly.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Any issues with the poly? I might just skip having them cut in aluminum then.
I would think that after some time, the warmth and constant pressure you would slowly bend the poly. I ended up with aluminium before the bending could maybe possibly happen.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I actually have one of Larry's Front Saddle risers, someplace....

And then again, maybe not...I just saw a thread, I might have sold it already.... :think1:

Last edited:
I'd also like to hear the reviews on these...by jamming the seat in pretty hard, and lowering the back just a hair, I have gotten it a lot more level, but I still slip forward over time. I figured I'd talk to Spencer about it when I get my seat "Spencerized" later this year (or in January) and see if he could level it out a bit. My concerns were just the same- will it leave a space between the tank and seat?
Back in 06 when I got my Spencer seat for my first ST, there wasn't a need for any angle change. I went from a 30 min butt burn to a 12 hour comfortable seat and that was back then and before he started using a new seat foam and not just a reshape. But, ask him and see what he suggests.. Until I send him this seat, I'm getting by, useing the upper most front and jamming the back of the seat into the middle position and useing a sheep skin cover.

Top Bottom