OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Hope they ran them through a relay.
They did. This is so typical the week before i leave. The week before i leave, im packing, fending off calls from clients, making the bike right, tires, not forgetting my money etc. so frustrating. And then i leave. Seems i always get snow and slush, and hydroplane rain. Hell, i got blown out of utah last spring in sandstorms. What in the hell is wrong with me because i want to do it again.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Yes, but somebody happens to check the serial numbers .... ;)
I read a book years ago that gave biographies of famous, or prolific (read 'caught several times') counterfeiters. I remember one guy made his bogus bills by had - pen and ink, drawing the bills one at a time in exquisite detail. The book noted, somewhat redundantly, that this guy was a consummate artist and probably could have made far more money honestly than by drawing $20 bills* one at a time. Many of his bills were not detected by shopkeepers. More recently, I've read that many of the old counterfeited bills are now considered artwork and command far more than their face denomination - if you can find one....

*The obvious way would have been to do 50's or 100's. :rofl1:

Bike
2000 ST1100
Some of those copiers won't allow you to copy currency. The software will mess it up and you get not a perfect facsimile. When I worked in the industry I heard rumors of if you tried to copy currency your connected machine would report you to the authorities.

Odie1

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Back in "the day" someone thought it would be funny to make a copy of a dollar with the copy machine... only one side.

I guess back then the change machine only checked one side of the bill. It worked.

This was on the weekend... and only $1.

But Monday, the authorities were out investigating.

And before you ask, no, it was NOT me... I was off... had proof! :)

Odie1

Top Bottom