New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I believe that the color temp of the Eviteks is 6500K. Do you notice a slight blue tint to the lights?
My eyes do not detect any color tint because the LEDs appear to be extremely white. I also do not detect anything other than white in the reflected light projected on the pavement ahead of me. FWIW, I have lens implants (same procedure as cataracts) and see colors very well.

EDIT TO ADD: I am very pleased with the LED headlight bulbs.

Last edited:

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
My eyes do not detect any color tint because the LEDs appear to be extremely white. I also do not detect anything other than white in the reflected light projected on the pavement ahead of me. FWIW, I have lens implants (same procedure as cataracts) and see colors very well.

EDIT TO ADD: I am very pleased with the LED headlight bulbs.

Thanks for the update. Now, especially for ST1100 H4 adapter users, if we can get Evitek to offer an ST Base like Cyclops does.

Ray

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I believe that the color temp of the Eviteks is 6500K.
That's there quoted spec. It's hard to say how accurate that is. Depending on your sources 6500?K is just below or right at the point were blue tint is seen. The standard color temperature of a lot of modern computer monitors is right around 6500?K. I sometimes see a faint blue tint on what should be a white background.

I don't care for the lights with a more blue in them so I think these Eviteks should be fine. I've yet to order hoping that they'll make a p43t version or adapter.

...if we can get Evitek to offer an ST Base like Cyclops does.
I think spidey has made that inquiry of Evitek. I hope that happens.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Actually that should probably be the px43t (65?)- the H4 subset base specific to the North American STs and a number of other Japanese vehicles.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Thanks for the update. Now, especially for ST1100 H4 adapter users, if we can get Evitek to offer an ST Base like Cyclops does.
You're welcome. As far as the mounting tabs go, you really only need the top center one. I just snip off the bottom two tabs just like I've done with other automobile bulbs I've used on the ST. Let me add that with only one tab, I did manage to drop one base inside my headlight housing. A magnet taped to a short length of coat hanger wire did a fine job retrieving it. And I must admit that when I dropped it in there, the pucker-factor was intense for a second or two.:eek:

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Let me add that with only one tab, I did manage to drop one base inside my headlight housing.
Based on previous descriptions of how the 1300 doesn't need the adapter rings used in the 1100 I wouldn't have thought it possible to get a base into the headlight housing. Good to know. Even better to know how you got it out!

Bike
2007 ST-1300
I've been following these LED threads and ordered the G6 bulbs via Amazon for my ST1300. Thanks to all of you who risked some $$$ and laid the groundwork for the rest of us!

I installed them yesterday along with LED corner/marker bulbs. I removed the mirrors, windshield and dashboard to make access easier, and was able to do all the work from above. I am impressed with the brightness, but the real test will come when I get a chance to ride after dark (snowed here yesterday). I am one who likes to carry spare bulbs, so I bought two sets of bulbs. Albeit, now I will have to remove one of the black inner fairing panels in order to replace a bulb (tie-wrapped excess wiring behind those panels). Glad this bike has two headlights.

It will also be interesting to see if the trend of ST1300 left-headlight burnout continues with the LED bulbs. Has anyone experienced a failure yet, and was it the left-side bulb?
Thanks to all the contributors of this thread, time, money and effort.
hoosawat, That photo looks great, that is what I want to achieve. Are your turn signals the "flashback LED" which runs as a white spot and flashed amber signal then back to white spot? If yes, did you need to change your flasher to LED compatible flasher? What brand LED spots?

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Are your turn signals the "flashback LED" which runs as a white spot and flashed amber signal then back to white spot? If yes, did you need to change your flasher to LED compatible flasher? What brand LED spots?
The turn signals are the switchback LEDs as discussed in this thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?118741-Switchback-LEDs
And yes, I did change the flasher to be LED compatible. The fork lights are some cheapo "Pilot" lights from eBay that originally had H3 halogen bulbs. The LED replacement bulbs were also from eBay and sold for about $5 per a pack of 10 bulbs ... and you DO get what you pay for, which ain't much in this instance. Something which isn't too obvious in the photo are my LED sidelights. They look just like the OEM orange and red reflectors, but employ a series of LEDs to add light.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, the G6-H4's arrived yesterday and was going to put both of them on today. Started thinking why don't I just install the left side as the right HID is still in great shape. So no plastic removed for the install. I installed the left side only from underneath. Now gotta take it for a test ride to see which headlamp is better. From just firing them up after installing the left LED, there is no difference in the color. Both look extreme white.

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
I came to this thread from stromtrooper :) I'm getting myself a set of the G6 H4s!

I've already installed LED aux lights, and these headlights well complement it nicely.

NILIGHT+18W+CREE+Led+Flood+Beam+-+Front+View+Lights+On.jpg

Video comparison of aux lights

[video]https://youtu.be/95dAijcB21Q[/video]

Looking forward to installing the LED headlights. Will update this.

Regards,
Vishnu

Bike
2007 ST-1300
The turn signals are the switchback LEDs as discussed in this thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?118741-Switchback-LEDs
And yes, I did change the flasher to be LED compatible. The fork lights are some cheapo "Pilot" lights from eBay that originally had H3 halogen bulbs. The LED replacement bulbs were also from eBay and sold for about $5 per a pack of 10 bulbs ... and you DO get what you pay for, which ain't much in this instance. Something which isn't too obvious in the photo are my LED sidelights. They look just like the OEM orange and red reflectors, but employ a series of LEDs to add light.
Thanks for the info. and link:)

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
I just read the thread. Am super excited about this G6 H4 bulb. I can replace the oem bulb without removing any plastic, I have small hands and lots of practice. Do you think I can install these Led bulbs without removing the plastics?

thepaleobiker

Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Ok so I received the G6 H4LED headlights today. The packaging was pretty decent, and the LED bulb looks well constructed.

4 LED chips per bulb

A funky shield the seems to hover above one set of bulbs

Initial thoughts on construction of the ballast - positive. Looks waterproofed.

I've attached a short video of the bulb below, and some pictures...it was raining the entire night so I got some video but it just looks funky and psychedelic [emoji16]

YouTube video overview of LED
https://youtu.be/scO0BfEe1OE

Pictures of the bulb/packaging

The "SHIELD" is clearly visible...

EXTRA's :) Psychedelic Rainy Ride !

https://youtu.be/O5bz-rFG_xc

Regards,
Vishnu

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I just read the thread. Am super excited about this G6 H4 bulb. I can replace the oem bulb without removing any plastic, I have small hands and lots of practice. Do you think I can install these Led bulbs without removing the plastics?
You're going to need to at least remove the inner cowels to find a place to attach the ballasts. That's the only thing I removed.

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #

Ok so I received the G6 H4LED headlights today. The packaging was pretty decent, and the LED bulb looks well constructed.

4 LED chips per bulb

A funky shield the seems to hover above one set of bulbs

Initial thoughts on construction of the ballast - positive. Looks waterproofed.

I've attached a short video of the bulb below, and some pictures...it was raining the entire night so I got some video but it just looks funky and psychedelic [emoji16]

Regards,
Vishnu

Vishnu -

Thanks for the report and excellent photos!

thepaleobiker

Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #

Vishnu -

Thanks for the report and excellent photos!
My pleasure Ray! [emoji56] I intend to complete the comparison with pre-LED and post LED light output for comparison.

I might invest tonight into this. It's a warm enough night without rain in Cincinnati [emoji16]

Regards,
Vishnu

thepaleobiker

Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #

UPDATE !! I installed the G6 H4 LED headlights! :D :D spoiler : The lights are pretty awesome.

I've tried to document the steps below for the v strom, so that changing bulbs (to another halogen or new LED bulb) should be easy.

I read the procedure on the owner's manual

Step 1 - Disconnect socket/power plug (3 point) from headlight

Before disconnecting

After disconnecting

Step 2 - Remove rubber boot. This is a very simple process; at the top of the boot and around the boot, there are extensions/flaps of rubber that you can pull on. Gently pull them off all across the circumference of the boot, and it should simply come off.

After the boot is removed, you can see the H4 halogen held by the brass clip

Step 3 & 4 - undo the brass clip by pushing into it and over the edge holding it, and it swings open free. You can now simply pull out the bulb.

Un clipped

Bulb comes out easy, twist it and pull it out

The SHIELD on the LED now makes sense ! It's very similar to the OEM bulb halogen shield....

Step 5 - place the LED bulb into the slot and out the brass clip back on. This step is tricky because you've to massage the clip over the big hump of the LED fan. But if you gently massage the clip over this hump, it gets over it. Just be a little patient :( I took most of my time here

Step 6 - Cut the rubber boot! This is easy. I just gauged the diameter I needed to cut by eyeing it...And cut it off using a pair of heavy duty scissors

Another look at what I cut off

Step 7 - Slide the plug+ ballast through this cut hole, and push the rubber boot back on.it should be the same snug fit as before.

Step 8 - Final step! Connect the plug power into the ballast socket, and zip tie the ballast (it's light weight..) to anything that clears the turning of the handlebars& forks. Be careful not to snag on anything.

Video - Comparison of light color difference between stock & LED
https://youtu.be/RlgLvEcSxks

Video - Comparison of light beam pattern between stock (left) and LED (right side)
The LED beam is surprisingly close to stock beam pattern.

https://youtu.be/xIjKeYrnRrI

Video - Comparison of both LED headlights together, beam pattern, it's very tightly grouped, not much stay lighting ! Looks really good together.
https://youtu.be/L0XXpC-xW50

Ride video comparison - Coming up! :) :) :) :D

Regards,
Vishnu

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #

The lights are pretty awesome.
You wouldn't have to cut the boot if you took the fan and bulb out of the holder and then put the boot on and put the bulb back in the holder. Well the ST 1300 works that way.

Top Bottom