New Goldwing

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Sounds like you have a really bad dose of sticker shock, elevated heart rate, cold clammy feeling, no vaccine for that unfortunately.

In spite of the high $$ the Gold Wing is tremendous value I think if you look at its capability, longevity and build quality, in particular if you cruise BMW, Harley and Indian web pages where you'll see lots of bike over $30k and many in the $40k's.

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Indeed, a lot of money. But you're getting a lot of bike! I've never heard any owner express regret. On the contrary, just pleasure and satisfaction in spades! My own experience re my '18 involved trading my previous Wing, and finding a lightly used Honda Canada "executive ridden" unit, at an appropriately discounted price. The finest motorcycle money can buy! You only live once, and you can't take it with you...

Bike
2010 ST1300
Indeed, a lot of money. But you're getting a lot of bike! I've never heard any owner express regret. On the contrary, just pleasure and satisfaction in spades! My own experience re my '18 involved trading my previous Wing, and finding a lightly used Honda Canada "executive ridden" unit, at an appropriately discounted price. The finest motorcycle money can buy! You only live once, and you can't take it with you...
Well, they buried some guy on his full dress Harley. Why not on a GW?
Gorgeous bike, but, frankly, it won't do anything significantly better than my ST1300, OR my NC700X.
It will empty your wallet faster. And most guys here subscribe to 'faster is better'. :rofl1: Lovely bike though.
That looks worth it to me! Just travel endlessly like Noraly!
Alas, there are lot's of folks out there traveling endlessly but unlike Noraly...without her panache.

Bike
VStrom 650
Sounds like you have a really bad dose of sticker shock, elevated heart rate, cold clammy feeling, no vaccine for that unfortunately.

In spite of the high $$ the Gold Wing is tremendous value I think if you look at its capability, longevity and build quality, in particular if you cruise BMW, Harley and Indian web pages where you'll see lots of bike over $30k and many in the $40k's.
Now come on, April Fool right?
Tremendous value? Tremendous value :nuke1:.
The new GW might be a great bike for some, might be a tremendous bike for some, but tremendous value :crackup:.
It's an April Fools, ain't it.
Upt'North.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I really do like those and I’m of the camp where I don’t want to try one out because I’m afraid I’ll wind up buying it. I agree getting a preowned one is a much better idea. For now however, I will just stick with the 1100s and be happy with those. No doubt they are old but they do everything that I need in a bike. It’s a 2021 at $32,000 so realistically, it will likely sit past the end of 2021 and then become somewhat cheaper. It’s kind of like that 8000 mile ST1100 for sale at a dealership for $7000. It’ll never sell unless the dealership has a more realistic price in mind. In the meanwhile, it will deteriorate from seals and rubber not being used and lubricated. Then it’ll just be a leaking motorcycle.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I really do like those and I’m of the camp where I don’t want to try one out because I’m afraid I’ll wind up buying it. I agree getting a preowned one is a much better idea. For now however, I will just stick with the 1100s and be happy with those. No doubt they are old but they do everything that I need in a bike. It’s a 2021 at $32,000 so realistically, it will likely sit past the end of 2021 and then become so much cheaper.
I'm in the same camp. I'm afraid to try an ST1300, because I might like my 1100 less.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Might be my retirement bike.... or .. pre-retirement bike.. :rofl1:

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
I was in the local dealer earlier this week, they had a grey one, lower model, no trunk and normal transmission. Sticker was $23Kish? Looked great, and I'll be ready for one around 2035, when I can pick it up for $2K, because everyone has gone electric! Hahaha.

RT

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Yea but that's the NEW MODEL JUST CAME OUT PRICE! And Honda knows those that just have to have the latest and greatest..... have to have it at any rediculous price. Give it 8 months and knock 3-5K off the price.

Top Bottom