Nice phone mount

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
The lack of a rubberized contact surface with the phone concerns me. If you put your phone in a silicone glove/case then put it in the mount, it may work. The other thing which may be an issue... how snug will it continue to hold through vibrations from the bike. The tightening mechanism being a thumb screw might possibly release after a bit. Or not... just saying.

v8-7

Site Supporter
MY first thought was also the lack of a rubber grip. But it does appear to be a nice piece so i bought one for my bicycle , and will glue on some inner tube rubber if needed .

Thanks for the heads-up..

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
DavidR8 said:
The owner of this unit has a RAM ball.

My phone mount is similar in design but pricey. I liked it and ordered it with a RAM ball.

The manufacturer designed it for off-road use so anything mounted in it isn't going anywhere except maybe with a major get-off. Overkill for the street but I really like the fit and finish.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
The manufacturer designed it for off-road use so anything mounted in it isn't going anywhere except maybe with a major get-off. Overkill for the street but I really like the fit and finish.
Need a link to this product, please!

Bike
2010 ST1300
How can they make these for only $8.50 (incl. shipping)? Do the workers PAY the employer for the privilege of working?

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I have that same mount - works really well. My I-phone has a protective case and this mount holds onto it very well without damage.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Which mount do you have? The gold coloured one or the black one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a black one. I fabricated a mount to attach the clamp assy to the fairing right on the top center of the dash of my ST1100.

Dan

Bike
2010 ST1300
$80.00!! - vs $8.50 - big difference in price! The $8.50 mount is solid and well made - works great. I also have one on my KLR650 which works great even off-road.

Dan
How does the cell phone like the bumps and vibration? No problems? Don't iPhones have a hard drive inside or are they solid state drives now?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
iPhones have never had spinny drives.

bdalameda said:
$80.00!! - vs $8.50 - big difference in price!
Yep pricey. But I really like it and am fine with the price. It's rock solid and needed no modding to work. And like the ST it's an engineering work of art to me. That's why it's good to have choice.

DavidR8 thanks for posting the link. I initially didn't bother because it's expensive for some tastes and was very slow to see Vinny's request.

Top Bottom