Passing the Torch

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
How does it handle...? How far have you wheelied it...? Inquiring minds need to know....

Larry, what did you think of the FJR1300? I had more problems with that bike that any other, including rounded second gear dogs at just 20K. I owned 4 and had fairly
significant problems with every single one.

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Larry, what did you think of the FJR1300? I had more problems with that bike that any other, including rounded second gear dogs at just 20K. I owned 4 and had fairly
After the problems with the 2nd one I think I would have moved on....

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
It was probably the oil you were using :rofl1:
The old FJ 1100 were bulletproof.
The new ones have been plagued with transmission and electrical issues.
I wouldn’t have traded my old Yamaha TDM 850 for even a new FJR, but that is just me.

Last edited:
After the problems with the 2nd one I think I would have moved on....
To be fair, the third and fourth were minor but still, the only issues I've had on any of my 41 bikes. The reason I never looked back was the tranny recall on the 6 speed. I'd have been furious to have my $18,000 motorcycle's cases split by an underpaid tech for an inexcusable issue that may or may not have ended up causing a problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom