Passing the Torch

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
You said something about those bins being full, so I "knew" there was more than what was just out! ;)

I was taking up enough of your time, I didn't want your wife mad at me! :)

But sheesh, I got a complete 2005 ST1300 + FARKLEs for $1K, I can't complain! :)

Bike
2010 ST1300
Larry, What will you do with all that space in your garage? Don't they say, "nature abhors a vacuum"?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I note with alarm, that John hasn't poked his head in here... he's probably panicked, and is making sure his passport hasn't expired.
("Hello, Delta? Hiw much for 2 one-way tickets to Lithuania...?")
But if he doesn't leave the country, I bet @Shuey could tie that spare motor to the back seat, and drop it off in Atlanta on his way back to FL. It's almost on the way.
John was quite proficient and quick when we (he, really) bled my brakes at his house a couple years ago.

Yes, thank you Larry for all of your efforts to help others on this ST forum, recently including me directly and through your input and knowledge sharing on this forum. Hope you continue to get better so you can get back on a bike soon. Take care and all the best! - BR.

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
Thanks so much Larry for all the help and guidance you've provided for members here (myself included) over the years. Surely there are a lot more ST1300s on the road than there would be without your help. It's certainly understandable that you want to slow down and get healed up. I think aniwack has big shoes to fill :)

Bike
2017 ST 1300PA
I still hope the door to your garage is open for the occasional long distance rider who might stop by to shoot the breeze or the like!
I’d like to meet you in person before you take up Pickleball and forget about all of us on the motorcycles!
Rob

RiderRon

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Larry, thank you for all your support and technical knowledge over the years. I am just a babe to the forum but when i went through my newly purchased bike 2 years ago, you were an invaluable help with some of the non published info.
John, look forward to y taking the reins, you have been handpicked by the master!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
...but there comes a time to just sit on the porch and pluck strings.
Or at least have someone younger and dumber do all the heavy lifting for you.
(Like laying a bike on its side for CSC replacements, and picking it up again. And lifting tires onto tire stands.)

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
As with anything in life..."All Good Must Come To An End". It was an honor to get to know you and greatly appreciate your help on the phone and especially in your garage. I haven't met John, don't have an ST anymore but if you're recommending him he must be the real deal. Thanks for all you have done for me and so many others Larry!

Skip

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Yes, thanks for all your wisdom and ideas on my problem this year. I appreciate it and others followed me and received the comments. I'm getting on the other side and I will also fade away.

Live Long and Prosper

Last edited:

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
Since I've been helping folks on the West coast for so many years, I've decided to help folks on the East coast as well.
I can think of none better than our very own Aniwack (John) for service stuff on the East coast.
John has always gone the extra mile to assist folks, and has always stepped up to the plate when a rider needs help.
He has helped me swap engines, and knows his way around all the service stuff to keep ST's running in tip top shape.
Besides, he has me on speed dial :rofl1:
Wow, I don't know what to say. I feel like I should have written a speech. This is like winning a Daytime Emmy and thinking I didn't have a chance.
For those that have not interacted with me, I am ANIWACK and I reside on the north side of Atlanta. My real job is as an executive producer for TTWN. I am responsible for ensuring the data and product quality for our feeds to affiliates in 27 markets throughout the southeast. I am also the lead producer for Atlanta so I am busy every day telling everyone how stuck in trafic they are and I also handle up to 15 reports an hour in four markets. And ground control for our chopper. And write tv scripts. It's a lot.
It has been a true honor to get to work with Larry on these wonderful machines for the past six years. My first ST was a 'Hollywood' eBay special and I have fallen in love with this bike. So much so I seem to be accumulating them in my garage. I run a small operation between two jobs and a busy household. Larry has taught me a lot and I have even flown out to Tucson to do an engine swap for him.
Larry, I am eternally grateful to you for your kindness and patience. Don't think that just because Mrs. Igofar wants to clean out the garage that you get to get out of helping on the phones. ;P

I note with alarm, that John hasn't poked his head in here... he's probably panicked, and is making sure his passport hasn't expired.
Oh I'm here, just dealing with office dumpster fires with my manager off.

Those that want to reach me: Because of my job I have restrictions to keep crazy people from calling at all hours. Email wx4jms@comcast.net and PM's are the best way to reach me. If I don't have your number in my phone you will hit my call screener. Leave a message and I will see that it's not Bombay Bob with his latest scam.

Top Bottom