Passing the Torch

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
If I don't have your number in my phone you will hit my call screener. Leave a message and I will see that it's not Bombay Bob with his latest scam.
How would you like to save money on your health insurance?
<pause>
If that doesn't interest you, I know a Nigerian princess, recently widowed, who is trying desperately to give away her husband's millions to deserving individuals such as yourself.
It's really quite easy, all we need is your social security number to ensure you are legitimate, your date of birth, and the account number to transfer the funds into.
Look forward to hearing of you! Please be having a Merry Easter.

RiderRon

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Wow, I don't know what to say. I feel like I should have written a speech. This is like winning a Daytime Emmy and thinking I didn't have a chance.
For those that have not interacted with me, I am ANIWACK and I reside on the north side of Atlanta. My real job is as an executive producer for TTWN. I am responsible for ensuring the data and product quality for our feeds to affiliates in 27 markets throughout the southeast. I am also the lead producer for Atlanta so I am busy every day telling everyone how stuck in trafic they are and I also handle up to 15 reports an hour in four markets. And ground control for our chopper. And write tv scripts. It's a lot.
It has been a true honor to get to work with Larry on these wonderful machines for the past six years. My first ST was a 'Hollywood' eBay special and I have fallen in love with this bike. So much so I seem to be accumulating them in my garage. I run a small operation between two jobs and a busy household. Larry has taught me a lot and I have even flown out to Tucson to do an engine swap for him.
Larry, I am eternally grateful to you for your kindness and patience. Don't think that just because Mrs. Igofar wants to clean out the garage that you get to get out of helping on the phones. ;P

Oh I'm here, just dealing with office dumpster fires with my manager off.

Those that want to reach me: Because of my job I have restrictions to keep crazy people from calling at all hours. Email wx4jms@comcast.net and PM's are the best way to reach me. If I don't have your number in my phone you will hit my call screener. Leave a message and I will see that it's not Bombay Bob with his latest scam.
So what you are saying is call anytime?? Got it! Lolololol

Thank you and greatly appreciate you! I have done a small minute portion of what ANIWACK has done in broadcast production on a much smaller scale and I can tell you it is very, very demanding.
Let’s exercise a little patience and research the forum as it is packed with tons info and lots of knowledgeable folks are still around that love STs!
Thank you John and thank you Larry for all that you have done and do for the ST community!

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Larry, although I never had the privilege of speaking with you I have benefited so much over my years as a ST owner from your contribution to the forum. Whether it was a Secondary Master Cylinder replacement, a rear suspension service or a fork compression adjustment I always knew when I found a post from Igofar that my search for answers was over. Your significance will continue to be appreciated by anyone with a question concerning an ST as long as there is one in existance. Get well quickly.and I hope that I have the opportunity and privilege of doing something for you some day. Dennis

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Larry, thank you for your expertise and dedication. I wish I would have had the time during my time in Phoenix to come down and see you. Hope you can stick around though even just to lurk.:cool:

Aniwack- I am only about a 3.5 hour ride from you now. Hopefully, I will have a chance to run into you at a ride or something. Even better, let us know when you decide to have an open house, and a big group of STs can come by and make your neighbors rethink their home choices.:rofl1:

Last edited:
Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Well, you've certainly made a huge contribution to the ST-Owners community Larry and everyone deserves a rest when its time.

All the best for good health and happiness in the future and a long life. Perhaps people can still message you with questions from time to time?

Kind regards,

Pete

Wow, how to say THANK YOU without a speech of some sort.. Larry taught me SOO much it is incredible. Not just ST info either, the dude is a wealth of knowledge on just about anything. Larry, keep on strumming brother, you are a true class act brother.

Hi Larry thanks for all you've done. I'm just curious, if the ST1300 had never existed, what other bike would you have liked to own/specialize in?

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I’ve wrenched on German, American, British, Japanese, etc.
If I remember correctly, I’m on bike number 74 or so.

OP
OP
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I have no loyalty to any single brand.

Duporth

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 BMW R1250GS
Hi Larry,

I am sorry for ST’ers that you are stepping back from active ST duty, but you will maintain your advisory role by the looks, so that is great news.

During my ST ownership, you taught me so much about the ST and importantly you were there, albeit across the Pacific Ocean, to assist with the tricky maintenance and repairs that I would never have attempted without your guidance. You have been remarkably generous in sharing your time and knowledge with me Larry, thank you.

I recently let my ‘perfect’ ST go to a new home as I could no longer find time to do maintenance and repairs and tend the ST in the way I like to, and I would not entrust that to anyone else even if I could find a willing ‘mechanic’. The ST is without question, the best m’cycle I have owned, a marvel in design and manufacture. An extra benefit in owning the ST has been part of the ST forum, what a pleasure it has been, thank you all contributors.

Btw, since selling the ST I have felt lost in terms of m’cyle satisfaction. I purchased a BMW R1200RS – it was not an ST. A few months ago I purchased an R1250GS because of its high acclaim as a touring bike. Yes, it is a clever bike but is not an ST. The ST must have had characteristics (character) I cannot define, but it sure left an indelible ‘best bike’ mark on me.

I am rambling now, so stop send best wishes to you Larry for your ST retirement.

Your friend, Ian

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
A perfectly practical machine for someone who has slight physical limitations, due to the continuing march of time. It'll be a no-stress experience!

Top Bottom