Powder Coated Flat Black Gold Wing Crash Bars $87 + shipping (fits ST1300 w/ adapter)

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
I see someone on ebay is knocking off bygdawg's bars in Mexico and selling them for around 2/3 of his price. I call not cool, as much as I have probably been competing with the dawg myself over the last few years. At least the design I use came from a long term member of this forum and was an original he gave me permission to produce. Knocking off other people's designs when they are still making them is just plain wrong, and I hope you'll consider that and buy the dawg's bars instead (or mine, of course, when and if they become available again... but the existence of this vendor adds some weight to the "if" part.)

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Hi everybody, I got up to seven on the waiting list so I went ahead and placed another order with my cnc shop. Unfortunately they also informed me of a price increase, so I will have to kick the price up to $53 plus shipping. This reflects the actual cost increase by the CNC shop with no markup. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, but I managed to hold the prices steady for a long time. I will have these available in approximately 3 weeks (they have a big backlog) so I will contact everyone at that point who has expressed interest. I don't have any bars at present but will see about contacting my usual suspects. Can I somehow change the title of this thread to reflect the new reality?

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Hi, I have everything in stock and ready to ship out on Monday. Prices are as follows: Adapter kits $53 plus $8 shipping ($61). Bars: Chrome OEM take offs $67, flat black powder coated OEM: $87. Shipping on bars only or bars with kits is $15. Paypal friends and family or if you’d rather use regular paypal add $2 paypal fees for kits, $5 for bars. Please remember to include your address in note and tell me exactly what you want. Paypal address furnished by pm. Sending this info to all people who made requests by pm also.

Hi, I have everything in stock and ready to ship out on Monday. Prices are as follows: Adapter kits $53 plus $8 shipping ($61). Bars: Chrome OEM take offs $67, flat black powder coated OEM: $87. Shipping on bars only or bars with kits is $15. Paypal friends and family or if you’d rather use regular paypal add $2 paypal fees for kits, $5 for bars. Please remember to include your address in note and tell me exactly what you want. Paypal address furnished by pm. Sending this info to all people who made requests by pm also.
I'm picking up my first ST tomorrow, I will be placing order.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Thanks for the quick shipping.

Anything I need to know about the install, any instructions, loctite, etc?

Robert

I bought adapter kit & trimmed ear off of gold wing bar then trimmed some metal from bar base plate. Then by elongating mounting holes in aluminum mounts bars can be rotated forward to give lots of clearance

OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
END OF THE ROAD... I just got the new quote from the cnc shop, and I just can't see doing another batch at that price, it's a 50% increase. Another small price increase on the main bolts kind of puts these past where I would buy them. They're all claiming materials price increase but I think it is a bit of a mix ;-). I have contemplated this every time I order a new batch, but this pushed me off the fence. Anyway guys, it's been nice. I see that the market has supplied some interesting alternatives that even I would consider, so I'm going to call it a day and sell the last three sets I have on ebay. Thanks to everyone who bought, I see a lot of these on the road and every time I see a bike for sale I'm like - hey, that one's got a pair of mine...

END OF THE ROAD... I just got the new quote from the cnc shop, and I just can't see doing another batch at that price, it's a 50% increase. Another small price increase on the main bolts kind of puts these past where I would buy them. They're all claiming materials price increase but I think it is a bit of a mix ;-). I have contemplated this every time I order a new batch, but this pushed me off the fence. Anyway guys, it's been nice. I see that the market has supplied some interesting alternatives that even I would consider, so I'm going to call it a day and sell the last three sets I have on ebay. Thanks to everyone who bought, I see a lot of these on the road and every time I see a bike for sale I'm like - hey, that one's got a pair of mine...
I need the Ebay link please 405-623-0867

Bike
st1300
Hi, I have a limited number of take-off Gold Wing Crash Bars which have been powder coated flat black. They look great on the ST. (see pics)

$87/pair + 13.60 CONUS shipping.

They can be fitted to the ST with an adapter kit which I also sell for $48 (plus $7.15 CONUS shipping). If you buy both you just pay the higher shipping, so $148.60 buys you a complete set of crash bars, much cheaper than the competition (two of whom are all out of bars last time I checked).
do you have any plates left

Top Bottom