Helmets Recomendation on a full face helmet

VetteJim

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I just got a Shoei at Cycle Gear and they are on sale there - $80 off. It was a KLSR or something like that. Nice helmet.

Bike
R1200rt
I have never had any problems with it, the visor has detents. No peeling after three years. It’s noisy compared to a regular full face helmet but I like the option of riding with the helmet open or closed. No problem with vents at all, summer or winter. I ride in the 40s. Sounds like you are talking about a different helmet. You paid $150 from Bell on close out? I don’t think so.

IMG_1325.jpeg
does this look like a bell srt modular hemet? .complaints about the noise from revzilla SRT modular reviews " While it was comfortable, great visibility and all around was suppose to be great - It's the nosiest helmet I've ever had. " "Great fit on the helmet however, the helmet is very loud similar to a Simpson " "This is a very loud helmet with the wind howling and whistling through it. I added foam padding to the area near the ears which reduced the noise a lot " Maybe you never had a good helmet before.
1700680832836.png

Last edited:
Bike
07 ST1300 ABS
does this look like a bell srt modular hemet? .complaints about the noise from revzilla SRT modular reviews " While it was comfortable, great visibility and all around was suppose to be great - It's the nosiest helmet I've ever had. " "Great fit on the helmet however, the helmet is very loud similar to a Simpson " "This is a very loud helmet with the wind howling and whistling through it. I added foam padding to the area near the ears which reduced the noise a lot " Maybe you never had a good helmet before.
Mine has speakers and I wear earplugs. I don’t know how many helmets I have owned. :)

OP
OP
St-Gerard
So after going to three dealers , Got three choices . Lowest price that fit HJC F70 at $350 can. Next RF1400 Shoei at $606 "Black Friday SpeciaL" 30% off and last the Shoei RF SR at $689.99 regular price .
So anyone have one of these helmets and can report about them ?

Bike
2009 ST1300
I still use the cheap HJC CL-17 that I bought in 2017; I always wear one of three cheap wrap around safety glasses underneath; clear, slight upper tint or dark. I ride with it open to about 50mph / 80 kph rain or shine, then snap it shut. Works for me, but I would weigh in something better.

OP
OP
St-Gerard
Can't complain about the quality of my HJC ,paint and fabric still good after 10 to 15 years old. Design could use some improvement in airflow and noise reduction. Which I'm hoping the F70 has.

When I went to try on helmets at Cyclegear the guy I talked to was helpful, but of course they did not have the size I needed in stock and with good reason. Arai hadn't put them on the production line for a while, they were backordered. When mine showed up a month or so later it still smelled like it was freshly made.
Yes, they are expensive but to me it was worth it. The fit, weight and ventilation is what sold me without having to shop around since I had one before and fit right over time. Trying a bunch of helmets new, they feel good in store but months later aren't as nice and you don't notice it because it is a slow change.
That is why finding a helmet fitter helps a lot.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
......Trying a bunch of helmets new, they feel good in store but months later aren't as nice ....
Or...just the opposite: Feels tight in the store and just right a few months later. Not easy. Best to stick with what you know has worked for you.

After a disastrous divot in my forehead from a Schuberth C-3, I looked for a long time to find a helmet that fit ME.
Discovered “lidpicker.com” and found the exact helmet for MY head. It cost $25 bucks, but gave me a choice of several brands / styles that fit. The $25 is applied to purchase if you buy from them.
I had never even looked at AGV helmets before, but mine fit’s absolutely perfectly. Snug, but comfortable.
YMMV

Bike
ST1300A8
I used to only have helmets from BMW. They were also made by Schuberth.
Then I switched to Shoei, always flip-up helmets. The best I've ever had.
Now they've been reduced in price again, so I thought I'd buy a new one after 5 years. But I know the trick of the dealers, the flip-up helmets that were reduced were all already shelf warmers and had been in the store for ages.
Shoei helmets have a sticker under the padding with the year and month of manufacture printed on it. The lowered helmets were helmets from 2017.
I don't buy a helmet that has been in the store for 6 years, it ages there too and loses its protective properties.
Have a look to see if you also have these stickers under the lining, they are relatively easy to find
greetings holm from Germany

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
I've owned Arai, Shoei, and Bell, but my favorites are the HJC RPHA 90S Carbon modular helmet, currently on sale at many places. The RPHA line are HJC's premium helmets. I first had a regular RPHA 90s, which was my favorite up to then. I now have the Carbon version, which although outwardly similar is lighter, slightly quieter and slightly better venting, which was already pretty good.

I have recommended this helmet to several friends, and they too have been pretty pleased with it. The current holiday sale price is a pretty good deal.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
...HJC RPHA 90S Carbon modular helmet, .....
I have recommended this helmet to several friends, and they too have been pretty pleased with it. The current holiday sale price is a pretty good deal.

Thanks, looks like a great choice, but the carbon seems to come in black only, and more Texas friendly colors in non-carbon are out of stock already! Must be a good one!

Are you using their BT system also?

Doesn't seem to have speakers built in, right?

Top Bottom