Helmets Recomendation on a full face helmet

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
Are you using their BT system also?
I have been using the older HJC 10B setup. This was my first BT system. The speakers came as part of the kit. The whole thing took me approx. 20 minutes to install and approx. 15 minutes the 2nd time around on my wife's RPHA 90S Carbon. It works well for our simple requirements. It connected easily to my Samsung phone and to the audio/nav system on my 2018 Goldwing. I've been happy with it.

What is really great is all the helmets meet the same standards so all you need to worry about is fit and preference.

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Site Supporter
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
Since I started riding again after a long hiatus, I first purchased an HJC RPHA 70 full-face non-modular. The RPHA 70 is very lightweight and is by far the quietest of them all, but it tried to drill a hole in my forehead after a few hours. It was so bad that I bought a XXL liner kit to get a little more room which helped, but is still not perfect. I then bought a Shoei Neotech 2 modular in XL and it is a seriously nice helmet, but feels a bit heavy after a long day on the road. Unfortunately, that helmet took a tumble and I was concerned that the EPS liner may have been compromised so I started shopping again.

I found a Schuberth C5 at a local dealer who was having a fabulous sale on them, so I bought one. I had heard that the new C5 had more of a "Shoei fit" than previous models and I found that to be the case. I also liked the idea that it had the comm prep built into it, but the actual comm part is an extra bit of kit that requires you to swear a lot as you pull out the additional dollars to make it all work - but it does work very well. Build quality and liner are the nicest that I have ever seen, is much quieter, it feels lighter than the Neotech 2, and is all-day comfortable.

of course, YMMV

OP
OP
St-Gerard
So yesterday , picked up the HJC F 70 from my friendly Honda dealer and Ben the parts guy sold it to me for $299 plus Gst tax . Good thing went with the dealer as I would have ordered the wrong size ,I had fitted a XL not a large like i had remembered. Now waiting for the fog to clear this morning then go for test ride!

OP
OP
St-Gerard
Hopefully will be using the 10b smart com, according to Ben at honda dealer they have stop making the 10 and only can get the 20b of course at twice the price, argh.

OP
OP
St-Gerard
So picked up the F 70 on Saturday , and finally got to ride with it today, pleased with it! Fog go bye bye today. 88% humidity and without the pin lock stay's clear at highway speeds with visor closed, I am hearing some buffet noise while sitting ,stood up on the pegs into the clean airflow and was impressed how quiet it is,no buffet noise at all. Now the question do I cut down one of my windshields or put the CX650 eurosport back on the road this spring,oh the stress!

Bike
1994 Honda ST1100
I am partial to Shoei X14. I have used Arai 30 years ago. Both of these has a similar shell configuration.

Bike
1994 Honda ST1100
Would recommend to try on various helmets due to difference in head shape. Find the one that provides the best comfort fit but snug. I ride with the Shoei X-14, spendy but worth the comfort and protection should I need it.

Bike
KTM 890 ADV NC750X
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've become partial to the HJC RPHA11. It's light and and aerodynamic. It is the most comfortable helmet I've had for long days - 12 hrs+. The reason I say aerodynamic is because I was wearing it on a naked bike and had the opportunity to try a Shoe RF14?. Over 50mph the Shoes felt like the wind wanted to tear my head off. Right back to the RPHA11 and it was hugely betterer.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I've owned Arai, Shoei, and Bell, but my favorites are the HJC RPHA 90S Carbon modular helmet, currently on sale at many places. The RPHA line are HJC's premium helmets. I first had a regular RPHA 90s, which was my favorite up to then. I now have the Carbon version, which although outwardly similar is lighter, slightly quieter and slightly better venting, which was already pretty good.

I have recommended this helmet to several friends, and they too have been pretty pleased with it. The current holiday sale price is a pretty good deal.
does this look like a bell srt modular hemet? .complaints about the noise from revzilla SRT modular reviews " While it was comfortable, great visibility and all around was suppose to be great - It's the nosiest helmet I've ever had. " "Great fit on the helmet however, the helmet is very loud similar to a Simpson " "This is a very loud helmet with the wind howling and whistling through it. I added foam padding to the area near the ears which reduced the noise a lot " Maybe you never had a good helmet before.
1700680832836.png

Attachments

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
Back to helmet questions.... I had been hot on the new AGV K6 S, because it is very light at 2.8 pounds and has a very wide vison envelop to see anywhere I want. Also, the material are on the premium side as a plus. I only get a helmet every 6 years or so, so I didnt mind the price tag roughly at $550..... I had tryed an XL in the store, liked it, but found it almost snug but not a solid fit.
So I normally wear a large and looked and looked and looked to find one to try on before putting $ down on one.
That ended up to be a no go, and the only possible way to get one was online through Dianese (how do you say that?) out in California. Bit the bullet, when against my better judgement and ordered.
Got thing today...... The pads are definately on the tight side, I wondering if this is gonna work?

My questions is..... When you get a new helmet, do you expect it to be a bit tight and will get better with a break in? And mbe in time... expected hours to a good break-in period?
-- I dont want to return the thing, but I will if needed..... --- I do like it...

Thank all

Top Bottom