Setting Up A Chinavasion Rage GPS

Bike
ST1300
My apologies. I misunderstood and thought we were dealing with the 4.3
But that's what I've downloaded and it's Primo with the MC skin and works on my Rage. I just had to add the maps.
I shall bow out
Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick☺

I only briefly looked at it and didn't see any folders with primo files, but might have missed something.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Once I get home tonight, I can look into it on mine. I think there is a reset button in Primo, but not sure what all it resets.

IIRC, there is a Save folder. Delete (or rename) that folder and Primo will automatically go through the 'Setup' process when you first start it and recreate that folder.
There's a reset option (Reset to Defaults under Settings) in Primo but it seems it's for the program, i.e. to go back through the setup, which might reconnect with the GPS receiver. I think he's done this already though.

Bike
ST1300
There's a reset option (Reset to Defaults under Settings) in Primo but it seems it's for the program, i.e. to go back through the setup, which might reconnect with the GPS receiver. I think he's done this already though.
There is also a reset button on the back of the unit.

Many thanks for all the info guys, and i am pleased to say that it is working now having had another Primo installed thanks to Pieter. Just to clarify, it is a 4.3" unit, and i stated that it appeared to have the same CPU as the 5". m star 2531, 128mb RAM, and 8gb memory. That is where the confusion was.

Thanks for the link to Primo MC, Kiltman. I have read about it somewhat in previous posts, and am i right in thinking that you are saying: "unzip the MC folder, and then copy the CONTENTS folder from Primo to that MC folder, and then install it to the device". If it is, i will copy it to the memory card, and then change the nav path to see how it works.

Once again,
Many Thanks.

Mike

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Glad you got it running Mike. Where did you get Primo?

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
"It" is 2nd Gen 8MB, had it run off SD, now on internal memory. I didn't use iGo8 for long, but liked the screen layout on Primo better. The mc update I couldn't get to work but use the skin it is based on which gives some of the options (but not the routing improvements).
Which skin is this? Do you have a link?

Bike
ST1300
Thanks Pieterv. As I understand, I put that in the 'skin' folder? Also, I thought the skins had to be in the .zip format... can I just zip that .rar format?
Yes, you are right, maybe the zip file is in the rar archive? If not, I could email you a zip version if you PM me your email address, or maybe Google will find one.

Tried and tested today, picks up gps signals fine in the car and also still in the motorcycle mount. When starting primo, i get a box stating "Unsupported voice, please see log". Voices worked fine in car, so voices are there. I just click OK to get rid of box, but cannot understand why it is happening.

Also, after starting a new route, and i scroll down to see roads and junctions etc, if i click on one of them to see details, a box comes up with "Fatal error" on it, Saying "Fatal error in main thread and says:

address: 0x003f9b48
Exception: 0xc0000005

When i click OK to close the box, Primo shuts down completely.

Has anyone else come across this.

I must add that i used the "Contents" folder that came with the device in the new version of primo as this was missing.

Conclusion being that there is a fault with my maps. Any thoughts appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain.
Thanks once again!

Mike

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I've also encountered the fatal error curiously following menu items down the rabbit hole (I wonder what this does?). I just try and remember when it happened and don't go there anymore. None of them impeded key functions I need to navigate using the Rage.

Vendor came back to me last night and told me to download primo to card and try and run it from there. I told him i had already tried but there was a fault on his version of primo. I did not tell him it was running now using someone elses, otherwise they will try to avoid warranty etc, but requested he sends me a new version.
I think he is trying to avoid the situation. will keep you posted
mike

Hi again after a very long time and after a lot of communication with the vendor, i finally got a link to download PRIMO. The first one was in chinese, and needless to say i did not understand a word on the website! I did request it on a memory card, but they said there were none in stock, and i told them i could get one in a couple of days for ?2.50 delivered, therefore they should be able to get one cheaper and quicker. Anyway all sorted now, thet is the main thing.
So once again all your help is appreciated.
Mike

Bike
ST1300
Glad you got it sorted.

Phil, where abouts in the UK are you? Hope you have a good time.

Top Bottom