Shinko 011

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Had a rear Shinko once.Was the worst tyre ever.Wore out after 10,000 Km. But riding 2 up. Squirmy & nervous handling. Possibly they have changed now.I will spend the extra coin to buy enjoyment on my bike.

Bike
R1200rt
If you read enough tire articles here it seem that almost every tire has someone who loves it and someone who hates it. but no one has yet tried to do any inspection of the tire that had a problem. Was a belt shifted? did the tire visibly roll straight? Was the bead torn on installation. I have never had a tire wobble issue. I used Shinko, Bridgestone, Avon and Continental tires. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I think a little investigation would be wise.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
With more and more folks trying to mount their own tires, I've seen several with damaged belts, and torn or chewed up beads etc.
And I've seen lots of damage from places like cycle gear, or Ride Now, who have their 16 year old kids on summer vacation mounting tires without supervision etc.
Not saying that is what is wrong with your tire, just looking at possible reasons as Al pointed out.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
It's hard to distort Adam Smith's 'free hand of the marketplace'. Every once in a while we get a real bargain where the cheapest product out performs premium offerings but most of the time it's hard for the lowest price competitor to beat the competition all round on cost per mile, handling, braking, dry and wet weather grip. Most of the time we pretty much get what we pay for. In a time where dual compound touring or sport touring tires are objectively better - stickier and longer wearing - than tires just a few years ago it's hard to believe single compound value price tires can outperform the latest tires from premium manufacturers. Now, if the criteria is such that the rider's style and riding venue is met most exactly by the least expensive product than it's a waste of money to buy more tire than he needs or will use.

Top Bottom