Show me pics of your camp sites!!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Oh... well, didn't know we were gonna tell stories too... LOL

Okay, here's one where Rick (Trailace) and I were camping in Colorado on our way to Yellowstone. It was dark and we found an RV campground that was just about deserted... pulled in, nice place w/very nice facilities. The site was obviously for RV and we couldn't find a tent-only area so we picked one and pitched our tents behind in the grassy area...

About 2am, the sprinklers went off, I called Rick on his cell and just laughed... Before we hit the sack he mentioned how nice of a night it was and that he might just not put the rainfly on and I said it might get dewy overnight so he probably should...

Anyway, you can see me peeking out of my tent....

He jumped out at the right moment and lodged a rock in the sprinkler to keep it aimed away from us....

Grantizzle

Ready to Rock!
STOC #
I don't remember the name of it but it's on the southern part of the park from the south entrance... 1st 'village' you come to. There are many to choose from and that one looked like it was huge... but, being yellowstone, they need a lot of campsites.

could it be "grant's village?"

A friend and I stayed there last year for a night, but it was very crowded. we left early the next morning due to serious hangovers, very hard ground, and the guy in the campsite next to us constantly sparking doobies in his tent.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
could it be "grant's village?"

A friend and I stayed there last year for a night, but it was very crowded. we left early the next morning due to serious hangovers, very hard ground, and the guy in the campsite next to us constantly sparking doobies in his tent.
The name sounds familiar... might be it...

We camped near the restrooms and it was a nice quiet night except a couple people decided they wanted to stand by the restrooms and talk loudly... kinda rude in my opinion but when you are in one of these campgrounds, not everyone has the 'common sense' and target of enjoying a nice quiet night.

I have no problem packing up and moving to another site if fellow campers are obnoxious.. I usually camp on non-holidays primarily to reduce those situations from happening.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
OK...I am kidding! That was it till this year, just got my tent and camping gear and am ready for the weather to break so I can go try it out.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Here are a few of our campsites...

The Blue Crew and Squirrel Hunter in UT (on the way to WeSToc XII)

Morgan, UT (on the way to Aerostich)

Duluth, MN

Valley City, ND

Big Timber, MT

Near Crater Lake, OR

More pictures on my ST1300 Rider web site and on my Windows Live Space.

Ray

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
OK I know it's not really the point is it. I can't find one with the tent and the bike.

Sorry
Paul

Last edited:

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Great thread Dan! Dan does have a pic of me doing my "Flop-Down-Where-Ever-I-Lay" style of camping. See if you can find it Dan? When I get home I'll dig some of mine out. I use to do a lot of 4x4 back-desert camping. I got some of those too! Love it!

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Top Gear knows how to handle a 'caravan'!!!
And I agree; that is the only thing that should be done with many of the RVs that come to AZ every winter!!!

The summer drivers are almost as bad as they have kids/dogs/cats/wife to take their attention off the road...

Mark

Top Bottom